If I see another . . .

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cilo, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    If I see another iOS game with a tile set of levels with little lock icons, where each level is graded on a 3 star system I might throw my iPhone out the window. It's really tired, please move on from this format - that's so 2008!:cool:

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Looks like you're gonna need a new iPhone

3. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Grandpa vs Zombies have a 3 candy scoring system... Well at least it's not stars.

4. Iphone 5? Just give it to me, I'll take care of it!

5. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Oh no you don't... I'm here waiting outside his window just in case he chucks the phone.

6. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Hahaha :D

None of you are tired of this layout? Every time I see a game built this way my expectations are immediately lowered a little. It's the color by number attitude, I guess coloring is fun, and your picture will turn out nice in the end, but creativity is a bit lost in the process.

7. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Not really tired. If the gameplay is fun, that's what matters. The way it's presented doesn't really have any influence on my enjoyment of the experience. There's a reason why it's so prevalent, because it's a system that works well and it offers a solid incentive to improve and get better at the game

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I understand your point and I totally agree, I'm sure my expectations are a little too high. I think at this point in the life of iOS gaming, I'm hoping for more, which is probably why my app store spending has dropped considerably over the past year. I can pretty much tell you which games I was and am anticipating, and it's been easy to not sway from that mentality given the choice of titles that have been released.

Also once I browse through a 30 min. Sanuku video, it's pretty easy to make an informed purchase.