List Of Adventure Games (Part 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PointOfLight, May 5, 2011.

1. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I actually figured this one out finally.
    The number of paintings is which switch you flip, and the location of the paintings is which door you go in. Just remember that door 1 is on the left and door 3 is on the right.

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Only 2 games at a time? I've got loads on the go. Think the BFG deal was the golf one

3. mrsleny

mrsleny Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Just read BFG reply on Facebook. They are changing their promotion to a weekly one. I love Fairway Solitaire, so much that i have it for both iPad and iPod. I didn't count that one because it's an ongoing one.

Only 2 games because little things like work and commuting get in the way :)

4. Ooo I might have to buy that one then. It's a bit dizzying, and silly-looking to outsiders, but I love how that works.

5. mihimarcelo

mihimarcelo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2012
    Belém
    Anyone knows the other HO games for iphone from ERS Games...?

6. Just a tiny correction: in the casual game industry, the proper acronym for Hidden Object Games is HOG - this is especially useful to know when participating in the BFG forums. ;)

HOG shouldn't be confused with HdO, which is the name of a development studio that makes second-rate cookie-cutter games which BFG fans love to hate.

7. Here's a list of their catalog for iOS: http://ersgamestudios.com/iphone_ipad

They have many other games (check out the page for PC or Mac), but not all have been ported over to iOS yet.

8. mihimarcelo

May 7, 2012
    Belém
    Wow. So Black Cat is from ERS. I played that and was thinking about buying it.
    thank you.

9. paul.hendricks

paul.hendricks Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Interesting, thanks for the info. I've used HdO for years after seeing it used on the shack, I think. Should I assume you are in Seattle or Cork?

10. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Adventure game [Mystery]Disconnect is on sale for 99 cents. I just started playing it the other day, and while I probably didn't get far enough to make any judgements, it looks like it might be pretty cool.

11. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'll try to remember to remind you on Thursday, but between June 7 and 11 Paranormal Agency (I'm guessing both iPhone and iPad) will be going free.

12. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Ah, we knew what you meant so carry on. I think it sounds better than HOG

13. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    #3293 paul.hendricks, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
    Fun, but not super sophisticated G5 game, if I remember right. Worth picking up at twice the price...;)

14. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    You may be the only people on the planet that understand the babble that comes out of my face pre-coffee, then...:D

15. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    I apologize in advance if this is a repost, but a PC-ported text adventure is up in the iPhone forum. (link goes to TA forum for the game)

The Dreamhold

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I thought there was a company that used to use the abbreviation HdO instead of HoG in their press releases. Took me the longest time to figure out what they were talking about (I'm not very bright sometimes). Forget who it was, though. Or, as always, I could just be making this memory up. Who knows?

17. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Downloaded it when it first came out, but don't recall posting anything about it. Haven't tried it yet, either. I'm sure that's not a big surprise, though.

18. paul.hendricks

Jul 30, 2009
    State of Confusion!!
    Alawar has used it for quite a while. I think that Awem did too. I think I'll have to put in an auto-correct to hidden object, because I can't see myself calling them HoGs.

19. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Eh, as long as we know what you're talking about it shouldn't matter, right :)

20. mihimarcelo

May 7, 2012
    Belém
    What hidden object games do you people think worth buying?