What is going on with the appstore???

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Greyhoundgames, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I have confirmed, amongst people I am connected to, 3 apps at least who are having a sudden across the board sales decrease in comparison to grossing rank in the last 2-3 days.

For example in my app our grossing rose 130 pts and our sales have not increased. This trend has continued 2 days straight now. Can anyone else confirm this pattern?

Grossing increase without sales increase. The only explanation i can think of is less sales overall or apple doing something crazy.

2. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    This sounds like Apple changing the rankings system, especially since you say your rankings increase with same sales (as opposed to sales falling with rankings staying the same).

It could of course also be a sudden decrease in sales, but Occam's Razor :)

3. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Possibly, but what sense would there be in having a grossing chart that contains things other then the top money makers.

4. baris

baris Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I hadn't thought of that, but I guess the only possibility is the weight of recent vs. all-time changing

5. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

Sometimes the store goes crazy. Simply ignore it. things always settle back to normal. Seems when Apple experiments or changes things you get a two or three day hiccup.

Happens frequently