Universal Jet Set Radio - (by SEGA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 28, 2012.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Finally! jet set radiooooo!

2. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved Jet Set Radio Future on the Xbox, but even though I own a Dreamcast, I never go to play this one. Definitely looking forward to trying it now.

3. doc_hardware

doc_hardware Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    ya'll had it easy. it took me months to figure out how to skate backwards

4. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    Hey Sanuku, thanks for posting the game play videos! Can you report on whether the touch controls are good or not? To be honest, it looks like you were running into some control-related issues during your play of the first mission.

:confused:

--DotComCTO

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Oh boy. Just watched Sanuku's tutorial video...:eek:

Where am I going to come up with a Gig of space in the next 24 hours?

MC3, I'm looking at you...:p;)

DBC

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    I read that in the TA preview so I was a bit worried about the XBLA version, but I personally didn't find the controls to be worse. They are as as I remember, and like MidianGTX said, you had to learn to work around it. There's also the added camera control, and the option to turn off the left trigger autofocus. And in fact, I think maybe graffiti is a little easier. In my memory I used to mess up more graffiti. Maybe I got mad skills now :)

7. Mullet_Mcgee

Mullet_Mcgee Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Puppy
    Sand Zone
    Even though it'd be pretty awesome playing Jet Set Radio on my iPod, I can't imagine getting through Grind-Square if the controls are as bad as they look in Sanuku's video.

8. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I'll be getting this tonight. As someone that was huge into the Dreamcast I've been really looking forward to it. Then next week Vice City.

What a great time to be an iOS gamer.

If only they'd port Shenmue.

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Yeah i was thinking about Shenmue today! That and power stone...

10. madebymadison

madebymadison Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Artist
    +1
    I see some serious issues in the mission 1 video just skating up a few ramps that can easily be reprogrammed to work better.

11. Fuzzywuzy

Fuzzywuzy Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Looks good and I'm really looking forward to playing this. Sega suprised me with how good Crazy Taxi was and hoping this is as good. I had a dreamcast and loved these 2 games so 12 or so years later to be playing them on an ipad mini is superb for me.

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Yeah the Control-System is definitely having some Issues. During the Graffiti Mini Games a few Swipes/Circles were not recognized. The Game isn`t supporting the Multi-Touch Display Option so you can`t press more then one Button and the Virtual Joystick at the same time.

And still the rest of the Game has after so many Years nothing lost of it`s Magic...

13. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    #34 nightc1, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Given how quick they updated Crazy Taxi and the way they kept in the original music and stuff.. and seeing this game has most of the original music and charm from the DC... even if the controls are less than perfect i'm cool with that. Being able to press one button at a time while directing where to go is fine. That's pretty much how I remember playing the original.

Yeah Power Stone (and Power Stone 2) would be great... though Capcom would have to port them. Skies of Arcadia though.. that is something Sega could port. Outside of the DC though... I wish Sega would port over OutRun 2006 Coast to Coast. That would be a great addition to my roster of arcade racers on iOS. Final Freeway is pretty close to classic OutRun... but the modern version was my favorite.

JSR tonight! I'm so amped and I have tons of free space since I cleaned off everything except what I'm playing on my iPhone (everything else is on my PC in iTunes).

14. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    I've already deleted mc3 to make space for mc4
    You might want to think of other games to delete if you want mc4

15. chris1215

chris1215 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    The music just turns me onnnnnn.....on on on on on

16. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    This! I've been wanting to see Skies of Arcadia on the iPad for a long while. I still have my Dreamcast and SoA, but it's something I have to drag out to play. Having SoA on my iPad would be just perfect!

Keeping my fingers crossed.

:p

--DotComCTO

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thanks for that Sanuku!

Even with those issues... I'll probably wind up picking this one up. Hopefully Smilebit will get those multitouch issues and unresponsive swipes worked out soon. This game looks absolutely fantastic. Can't believe I"ve never heard of it before now. =oO

18. osvd

osvd Active Member

Oct 20, 2012
    <3

omg jet set radio + achievements and leaderboards ... omg omg omg ....

19. fenderbendr

fenderbendr Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2012
    My question is, will this game run any better than crazy taxi does on the 4th gen iPod touch, because crazy taxi is very choppy and slow on my 4th gen.