FreakZone's FROGGIA - Beautiful platform game from the creators of Awesome Land

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DistantJ, Mar 23, 2012.

1. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    #1 DistantJ, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

Introducing Froggia for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and PC!

What is Froggia? Well, we're not going to tell you the whole story just yet, but it's a platform adventure game with beautiful graphics and an intuitive new control scheme involving no virtual buttons at all! No, this is not a runner either, so how does it work, then? You'll have to stick around to find out, but take my word for it when I tell you it's ridiculously good fun!

How do you think Froggia will control?

EDIT: OK guys, guessing over, here's a very brief video showing how it plays:

Sorry about the bad video quality and my poor playing, I had to use my phone to record this and watch my finger through the viewfinder! It's very easy to play!

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    That screenshot looks good! My guess is that the tongue sticks to the top of the tree for movement and tap to eat other animals, kind of like Super Feed Me :)

3. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Looks fun

4. montina

montina Member

Mar 22, 2012
    hi, we like this game, it looks funny! would u give me the e-mail adress of this game publisher? we want with them have deep corperation. Thanks

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    No virtual buttons is not the same thing as no touch-based controls, of course. Could it be swipes, or an invisible "push" or "drag" effect? We'll know soon enough, I trust. In any event, the graphics (or is it concept art?) look lovely, and I'm very excited for this game! :)

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I loved Awesome Land, and this looks pretty great!

My guess is similar to the others... you "attack" creatures/objects with your tongue and drag yourself forward?

7. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    Hey guys, nope, Freddie doesn't drag himself along/swing with his tongue, he only uses it as an attack. :) He's very good at jumping though, physics-defyingly good!

There's also a mixture of levels, it's not all just palm trees, there's volcanoes, factories etc. etc.

No it's not concept art, that is a screenshot from the game :)

8. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
  9. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    More to come guys, keep watching this space!

10. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Mind = CONFUSED.

11. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    I've been designing Froggia for years, I created an old prototype of it when I was just 13 years old and I'm thrilled to finally be creating the game for a professional release.

More info:
    - Froggia will be able to be played with one finger (or the mouse, in the PC version). You could call it a 'one finger platformer'.
    - It's stupidly addictive with a large number of levels.
    - Ridiculously catchy music.
    - Froggia will run even on older devices, just at a lower framerate.

Some of the story:
    - The forests of Froggia are being cut down by the evil Psychotoad to make way for his fiendish factories! Freddie, renowned for his amazing jumping abilities (some say he can even defy gravity) and endless appetite, is out to save his planet! Freddie will traverse through forest, volcano, factory and more, chasing down Psychotoad to put a stop to his evil plans.

Gameplay videos to come soon.

I think I'm onto something special here, every tester has had trouble putting it down and while it has the depth and challenge of a full-on platform game, even non-gamers have been able to play it. Really looking forward to getting it finished and released.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I must admit i really liked Awesome Land, wish there was an option for this game to have the traditional left/right/jump/fire onscreen buttons though.

Seen too many devs come up with 'great new' control methods and then 3 months later add an alternative control method due to lack of sales. Think if people had the option it would be an idea.

Shame as i liked Awesome Land but for me i need to have touchscreen controls and no one finger/tilt/swipe type of control method. Hope i'm proved wrong with this one though

13. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    Our next game uses the same controls (and engine) as Awesome Land, so don't worry!

Buttons wouldn't work with the core gameplay of Froggia, it's a little more arcadey (there's no tilting or swiping, don't worry.)

14. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    OK guys, guessing over, here's a very brief video showing how it plays:

Sorry about the bad video quality and my poor playing, I had to use my phone to record this and watch my finger through the viewfinder! It's very easy to play!

15. DistantJ

Jan 25, 2012
    #15 DistantJ, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
    Expect to learn more after MANOS releases!