Who's playing Falling Fred?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by hotspringfan, Mar 10, 2011.

1. hotspringfan

hotspringfan Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Who's playing Falling Fred recently? So how do you feel about?
    Now I am in and can't wait to share with you guys! I found it's a great falling game with much of fun, and it feels like you are in a real falling and your heart beat fast, dodging obstacles then you hit the ground exploded in to pieces. After that, your heart can’t really calm down for quite a long time. Ok, we’re always dreaming of flying with our tiny wings, well, this time why not to try falling? Once you get addictive, don’t scold me. :D

BTW, be sure that you’re already 21 to play this game.

2. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't like the feeling of hitting the ground exploded in to pieces. The outcome of dodging obstacles is just finally going into pieces? Can't imagine....

3. gameview

gameview Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    dont you think it's quite bloody and violent?
    players with heart disease must take care:D

4. Sandrem

Sandrem Active Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I would rather fly than fall to ground in pieces.

5. imnostr8t

imnostr8t Active Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Heaven Bay
    Oh no.I think it sounds neck-breaking and bloody....Falling into pieces?! Can't imagine~:confused:

6. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    Why the character has to go into pieces in the end? I think the game designing is not that good.

7. Cellary

Cellary Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Heart can't really calm down for quite a long time??? That's too horrible.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I bought it and have played it. Actually, it's pretty good compared to all the other free-falling games out there of the same kind. Obstacles are varied and bloody, with the end always being you getting ripped to shreds and your body bashed to hell! Surely there will be lots of people that will have fun with it! Every game is usually about you trying to win, and this is no different-avoiding things is a life or death situation. Game over! What's the difference? Getting shot up or beat up in 1000 different games. And this is terrible? Seems like the people who are bashing it here so far you'll notice all haven't been in TA for very long-30-60 posts! Not one a senior member. Does that mean they're very young and haven't been around very long? With games? I can hear it now; "Oh, no, I've been playing video games for a long time"! If that's so, the end results in this game shouldn't shock you or repulse you! You either like this kind of game or you don't, but it's definitely not outrageous! Grow up, kiddies.......

9. Yensimer

Yensimer Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2011
    This is such a crazy game as the character will finally go into pieces. I won't play it.

10. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I bought this and it's great fun as for the gore and ending up in pieces at the end it's a video game not real and meant as funny . In fact they could have taken it further as falling from a height like that most of your internal organs would probably leave your body on impact :D

11. Diego

Diego Member

Jun 29, 2010
    The objective is to survive as much as you can, if you don't receive damage the gameplay is infinite. Fred hits the floor only when your damage is too much.

We are going to add a Crash Dummy in the version 1.0.3 without blood and gory stuff. So the player will be able to choose different avatars (Fred and Crash Dummy, and more in the future).

Please, if yo have more comments or things to add or modify, please tell us. We are always listening to our players in order to improve the game.

~Dedalord Games

12. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    To the dev: That's a good idea! show internal organs fly out and splat for even more of a gory effect! Fly out and some even splash the camera some! Needs to be put in the game, seriously! Do it!!!!

13. hotspringfan

hotspringfan Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Huh? Seems like I got over excited and shouldn't have thrown this kiddie things to your TA adults?

14. gameview

Mar 10, 2011
    internal organs leave your body and fall onto the ground here and there, with the head looking for the neck, the feet still moving for leg:D

15. gameview

Mar 10, 2011
    well, after i read your post, i thought a lot and quite agree with you. anyway, just don't be angry and calm down, maybe there are too many kiddies here:)

16. anualisher

anualisher Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    IT
    Good question. This is toucharcade forum, we have the freedom to say what we wanna say. I just don't like the gameplay. It's disgusting.

17. WaterPocket

WaterPocket Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Since I'm new to TA I'm not entitled to my own opinions? I happen to not enjoy this game, but that's just me. Now this is only my second post, but since you have a much larger post count I'm obviously a "kiddie" and you're the superior adult? Also there's many people out there that have been playing video games probably longer than you have, but they still don't enjoy seeing a person being tortured every play trough. There's nothing "kiddie" about not liking gore.

Anyways back on topic, I feel that there was some unnecessary parts to this game. It does have a lot of potential, but I'm not exactly the type of person who wants to see a person get brutally injured every time I play. The game dev's idea of adding some sort of "crash test dummy" is great, that way it's more appropriate to all audiences (including me).

18. gameview

Mar 10, 2011

accellent post!

19. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Wow! you're gonna take me to issue on the 'kiddie' comment! Seems like you missed the entire point which is that this isn't much different than most games in terms of getting killed in the end, and with possible gory results in one way or the other, whether you're getting shot, stabbed, beat-up, or all the other ways you die in video games! That's all I was saying. And there's nothing wrong with not liking that! Some of these posts were like 'Oh, my God, that's outrageous' about the Falling Fred game! That was funny! As for people out there who've been playing video games longer than me, that's very unlikely, since I've been playing video games since the very FIRST game EVER, which was Pong in 1972, and I was ALREADY a teenager! So, being superior in the experience aspect specifically, I'd say probably so..........

20. terencefish

terencefish Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Don't like this kind of game. Too bloody.