Elemental Defense: Coming Soon!! (Idea's Wanted!!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by touchDev192, Jun 10, 2010.

1. touchDev192

touchDev192 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    #1 touchDev192, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
    Hi everyone!!

My first game has been sent to apple for review, so hopefully will be out in the next couple of weeks! It's called Elemental Defense and is a castle defense game, where you must use every element at your disposal to stop an oncoming wave of enemies.

You can use the basic elements provided, or combine them together in a range of different ways to create more powerful and deadly attacks.

Features:
    -Unlimited levels, so see how far you can get.
    -5 different elements to use or combine.
    -4 different super attacks.
    -5 different types of enemies, including fire, water, earth and air.
    -Unlimited upgrades can be bought for each element.
    -Online leaderboards using Open Feint.
    -Local scoreboard for offline viewing.
    -Achievements, both online and offline.
    -Use super attacks to change the state of the ground, for example creating a flood, bringing new enemies with new strengths and weaknesses.

You will need to master the elements, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of each enemy if you have any hope of surviving the countless waves.

Here's a quick vid i did! Sorry about the audio, Its on a 1st gen ipod touch, and the camera didn't have the best mic, so the quality would have been quite poor! but anyway here it is!

The reason I chose to make a castle defense game is because this is my first game, and so I wanted to create something that I was familiar with, and a type of game that I enjoy. I'm also planning on providing free updates which will add more special abilities to the game, which is where you come in.

So what I want to do is base as many of these new abilities on the feedback I get from those of you who play the game, and I'm sure you can all come up with some pretty cool ideas for new spells. The only restriction is that it has to be based on magic, so for now I don't plan on adding things like archers (unless of course they're magical ghostly archers or something like that! lol). There should be room for quite a few new spells to be added, and so I'll try my best to add as many of your ideas as I can (if anyone actually gives any!), but I'm not that great with graphics or artwork, so I'll just have to see what I can come up with.

Basically how it will work is that there will be 3 or 4 slots at the bottom of the screen, and once per round you will be able to select which spells you want to put into those slots, using earned gold to pay for them. So in theory I can include a fairly large number of spells to choose from, depending on texture space available. Also if you get your spell added to the game, then I'm more than happy to include your name in the credits page if you want it there. :D

What I'm hoping to include so far is:
    -Fire Shower
    -Ice Shower
    (both of which would have ice-balls or fireballs raining from the sky)
    -Black hole
    -Lightning strikes

(of course this also depends on available texture space, but hopefully that won't be a problem!)

Also please feel free to suggest any other ideas or improvements that you'd like to see added. I'll try to do as much as I can, although I'll be working on my next game as well, so how fast the updates come depend on how much new content I add to the game. I do however plan on updating the game as much as I can to make it into one that you will all enjoy, so I'm more then happy to listen to anything you have to say! If the game does well I was also thinking of doing a couple of competitions for best score, or best idea, or something along those lines! but I'll have to wait and see if that will be possible! :D

Also please feel free to check out the website for screenshots and more information:
    http://www.relicagames.co.uk/ElementalDefense.html

If you have any questions, then feel free to ask!

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    How about a meteor shower...would be great the earth element...or a screen clearing tornado with the air element.

3. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Yeah a meteor shower wouldn't be too hard to do, and I like the idea of a tornado, I'll have to see what I can come up with!! But just so you know, these extra abilities are intended to be smaller spells that are separate from the 5 main elements, so would be activated from icons in the lower left-hand side of the screen, rather than using the elements, and they would then have a smaller cooldown time so could be used more frequently than the super attacks (so they won't clear entire levels, but just enemies that get hit by the spell). Basically I'm hoping they'll make the game more fun, and also hoping to get a range of crazy and fun to use ideas, which is why I'm waiting till the game is released till I start working on them!

4. steelfires

steelfires Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Candy Mountain, Charlie!
    Make a crazy idea like a rampage of pigs.

5. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    err a sandstorm or earthquakes, or rain of bouldors

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    How about a pool of acid...you tap on the screen to cast it on a specific spot and it damages enemies that walk through it.

7. beeasy0203

beeasy0203 Member

May 16, 2010
    unlimited levels?

what do you mean by unlimited levels? :confused: by that do you mean that they would be randomly generated? because if not, unlimited levels would not be possible! lol

8. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    What about a supernova for fire or a minefield for earth?

9. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Sorry maybe i havent worded that clearly enough, basically its a very simple game, and when you start, you dont select from multiple levels or anything, you just select the difficulty you want to play at... Then it plays like a survival game, where after each round the level increases and it keeps getting harder and harder, and this is what i mean by unlimited levels, it will basically keep going until you die. I hope this clears that up!!

And these are great ideas you're coming up with, so keep them coming!!! :D if it starts getting longer i'll add a list of them to the first post! Also I'm hoping to add a video at some point so you can see what gameplay is like!! :D

10. touchDev192

Jan 28, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Hey again!
    I've added a video to the first thread now, hope you enjoy!