Universal Mr Jump S (by 1Button)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by 1Button, Jul 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Button

1Button Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    #1 1Button, Jul 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    Hello!

You may remember our game Mr Jump? We launched it in 2015 and it was a big success, with over 24M players.

[​IMG]

If you played Mr Jump, you probably remember that the game is extremely hard. According to our stats, 77% of the players never got to the 2nd level… And only 753 players managed to finish the 36 levels of the game. Some of them can be found on this forum (Matt33…)

Maybe Mr Jump was too hard :p... That is why we are launching a simplified version of Mr Jump: Mr Jump S

Mr Jump S is still a side-scrolling, one-button platformer with simple graphics. It reuses the same game mechanics and the same environments that almost nobody had the chance to see in the first Mr Jump, but with completely new levels.

We worked hard to design original levels and to finely tune the difficulty curve. The goal is still to reach the end of the level, but each environment is now divided into 3 parts (each part is a bit shorter than a full level of the original Mr Jump).

We are launching Mr Jump S on July 20 (next Thursday), with World A (12 environments, 36 levels) and the first half of World B (6 environments, 18 levels). New levels (and secret levels) will be added over time.

Mr Jump S will be free with a few ads.

As usual, if you want to try it out before the launch date, send me a PM to get a code!

2. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I think this is a great idea. My sons and I were able to make it to the 2nd level of the original Mr. Jump, but only after a lot of frustration, and ended up rage quitting on stage#2. The lack of checkpoints drained joy out of the game.

I'm curious - what percentage of people made it to level#3 of the original game?

3. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Progression for World A:

1: 23.1% (5,546,192 players)
    2: 8.3%
    3: 4.1%
    4: 3.0%
    5: 1.9%
    6: 1.2%
    7: 0.8%
    8: 0.5%
    9: 0.4%
    10: 0.3%
    11: 0.2%
    12: 0.07% (16,213 players)

I hope that this time you and your sons will be able to finish the game :)

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Thanks for the code, 1Button! I paid for the ad removal IAP ($1.99) without hesitation.

Everything I liked about Mr Jump is still here but it's a quite a bit easier. Love this new version. Got to 12-2 so far but I've put it away until the frustarate-o-meter cools down a bit ;)

I was thinking this would be a walk in the park but there's still a serious challenge here. Looking forward to seeing my friends on the leaderboards.

Mike B.

5. Anotherkellydown

#5 Anotherkellydown, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Finished all of the included levels.

Death count for the 'A' levels:

1) 0

2) 2

3) 4

4) 1

5) 9

6) 62

7) 9

8) 3

9) 21

10) 24

11) 97

12) 364(!)

Total deaths: 596

Total deaths on lvl 12 is more than twice the combined total of deaths on levels 1-11. Lol

Glad there is still more coming with the rest of the B levels and all the C levels.

As far as finding hidden levels - I flapped for literally 10 minutes past the goal on one of the levels (boats, lighthouses, and hills in the background) but eventually gave up. I'm guessing that's not one of them :p

6. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Thanks for the feedback!

Do you remember if there were a particular part where you were stuck in A6? It's weird that you lost that much lives in this level, compared to the other levels...

D: The hidden levels entrances are already here, but the hidden levels will be added a few days after the launch, sorry ^^ We still need some time to work on them...

7. Anotherkellydown

#7 Anotherkellydown, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    On (A)6-2 I think I was getting adjusted to the multiple mid-air double jumps, then, on 6-3 (attachment below), the 'gate open' button above the spikes seemed too far to reach from the ground (not the case) so I was trying to use the double jump right before it to reach it. I probably died a few times at the end of 6-3 because I missed the warp and died at 99%.

I noticed I'd do worse every time I closed the game and come back later. Definitely takes a few minutes for me to get back into the twitchy pace :)

Ok that explains that, thanks! :D

Attached Files:

8. 1Button

Apr 22, 2013
    France
    Thanks for the details :) I think we need to simplify A6-3 a little bit, especially by lowering this "gate open" button above the spikes and maybe by modifying the last part!
    As the levels are now exactly 100-blocks long, we can easily update them without ruining the percentages. In the first Mr Jump we never took the risk to modify the levels after the launch.

Regarding level A12, do you remember where you died most of the time? It is with the very final warp? (I know this one is cruel ^^)

9. Anotherkellydown

Lord help me if I play that level again #
    I know I died at the beginning (three steps with a spike at the end) and especially right after that with the three quick jumps and then up and over the tall, thin platform. The ending wasn't so bad actually, once I figured out I had to jump before the end of the final platform in order to land on the warp/exit.