Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    What a relief! :)

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This is how stupid internet rumors start :rolleyes:. (I don't mean you Klemen, I mean the original post.)

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Either you were grossly mistaken or somehow felt the need to be obnoxious :rolleyes:

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Amen. At least one developer is still making the premium games. Madfinger and Gameloft have sold out to freemiums or paymium :(

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    If its mostly a memory issue, will the iPhone 4 be supported, having 512 mb of RAM?

Are you planning on any special effects for the iPad 3?

Are realtime showdows and ragdoll going to be in the final build?

What framerate are you getting on a5/a5x devices?

Will you be supporting retina for the new iPad or maybe just a resolution bump with AA?

(and my favorite) can we tweak any of the graphical settings ourselves?

:D

6. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    You're clearly mistaking Crescent Moon Games as "developers". They're publishers, not developers. They don't actually make most of the games that they sell on the iOS market, but they definitely contribute into the making of the game.

7. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    This game looks INCREDIBLE! And its free roaming! Terrific work CM games. Guess Unreal Engine isnt the only way to go. My only scepticism about this game is the writing. Don't get me wrong Josh, I liked Aralon (even redownloaded it recently just to find out how much have graphics on iOS progressed in a year), but the writing was very uninspired. The quests were pretty bland, WoW style. The dialogue with the black dragon that had a nail or a woodchip in his paw was cringe indusing. Again, I dont want the wrath of the fans on my ass, just wanted to share my thoughts. IMO, the best written (and overall the greatest) free roam RPG for me is Morrowind. Spent hundreds of hours in that world at the time. And a big part of Morrowinds greatness comes from the incredible writing. I still fondly remember the quest with the barbarian Umbra, whom I spotted by accident on a mountaintop near a small city. The whole story (Umbra's story) was so well written, I really felt for that guy. Thats just one example. IMO, the problem today (the fact that we dont see games like Morrowind anymore) is that the development cycles of games went out of control and the developers are working alot more and because of that they want the gamer to see (and hopefully appreciate) everything they did. The game worlds are smaller, and everything is tightly fit around the paths that the PC will take. There are alot less surprises in the wilderness, aside from copy-paste caves and crypts. Whoa, this post got out of hand. Sorry about that. Anyway, I am waiting for Ravensword and good luck to you Josh (and the rest of CM Games of course).

8. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    #768 kukulcan, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    As far as I understand they are both and they are the developer in the case of Ravensword 2

As long as they use paragraphs I am happy

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yes and no "Engrish" :p

10. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    But, they aren't the only devs of Ravensword 2:

CMG didn't develop Aralon themselves as well. Galoobeth Games had originally started developing the main part of the game and then, CMG stepped in to help them.

11. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    CM games aren't only publishers, but they are also developers (or co-developers if you wish). They contribute to all games they sell.

12. Klemen

Klemen Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't think that "Rimerlands dudes" are co-developers of RS2, I think Josh said that he got some experiance or scripts from them, imo. But here is another RS2 developer:

13. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Maybe we can do a developer scavenger hunt or something.

14. Jdragoon19

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Whoever gets the most developers for RS2, wins a free copy of the game? :D

15. Newnation

Newnation Active Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Is the release planned for before or after Christmas

16. Drkrelic

Drkrelic Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    Will there be a "necromancy" power where we can raise the dead as our followers??

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    we have talked about having that....

Just added mounted combat - even while flying on pterodactyls!

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    why wouldn't it be possible?

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you'd have to fly around within a zone - that would be the limitation.
    believe me, it would be amazing to have a seamless world - but we take up a lot of memory just loading one zone. these zones are pretty large though! We also use zone connection for save data purposes, when exiting out of an area it saves your data, before you move to the next area.

20. Dragnoe

Dragnoe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Can't wait for that feeling of victory when I send an arrow through someone's forehead while 1000 ft in the air :D