Prairie Chute 1.5 : "Back in Action" Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by matt.johnson.mobile, Sep 21, 2009.

1. matt.johnson.mobile

matt.johnson.mobile Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    #1 matt.johnson.mobile, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

Hello all! We are pleased to announce that the second update to Prairie Chute was submitted to Apple on Friday. This version incorporates many features and additions suggested by the TA community. Here is a rundown of key new features:

→ Awards: Over 20 achievements from the hilarious to the tedious, these new challenges will have something for every type of player to shoot for while dropping dogs! Earn Agon PocketScores for each Award!

→ Extra Lives: Collect stars to earn extra lives so you can keep that streak alive. You can earn up to 2 extra lives per game (3 stars for each).

→ Star Leaderboard: Don't stop collecting those stars after you earn your extra lives! A new leaderboard tracks all stars you have collected for each difficulty level.

→ Special diving suit for pro players who unlock the "King Ripcord" Award. This also unlocks a couple of new landing sounds for the dog while wearing the suit!

→ New dog voices for landing, extra lives and more!

→ Tilt Control Enhancements: Medium and Fast tilt settings now increase the speed of the dog reaction as well as velocity.

→ Various bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Screenshots from the upcoming 1.5:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here is a sampling of some of the Awards locked in the game:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

We want to especially thank forum members Pluto6 and jasonsmith for participating in our beta program... their testing and ideas have been invaluable for helping us get this update out the door.

I will be posting screenshots/videos of new gameplay elements later this week. Stay tuned to this thread for updates as the release draws near!

Get it now and be ready for the 1.5 release:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324616043&mt=8

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Reeves

Reeves New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sweet!

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the update - I can't wait to see how difficult some of these achievements are - King Ripcord huh? - Bring it on!

3. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    You bet! King Ripcord is a pretty straight forward scoring achievement (that requires a good score on each of the three difficulty levels)... but some of them are a little weird like cactus bounces and buzzard tapping :). There are also two mystery awards that have hints, but no explicit instructions on how to achieve them.

The addition of extra lives should help in accomplishing these as well as driving the leaderboard scores even higher!

Matt

4. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    I'm so gonna be all over those achievements once it hits... can't wait. :)

5. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Hopefully soon :). You should have a leg up with the beta testing! With the extra lives I think we will see significantly higher scores.

MJ

6. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    New screenshots have been posted to the top post. A test entry from Apple has been posted to our new leaderboard, so we anticipate approval coming at any time now! :)

Matt

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Very cool - I went and reviewed both the regular and lite versions.

Fun game!

8. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Can't wait :D! These updates will be great.

9. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Thanks Rachel and drelbs... :)

Rachel... prepare for that top score to go down once people get the extra lives. I'm sure you can reclaim it though!

Matt

10. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Can't wait for the update!

11. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    #11 matt.johnson.mobile, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
    Any moment now... wait for it... wait for it...

MJ

12. Maelick

Maelick Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Read Above
    Myrtle Beach, SC USA
    oh wow!!!!!!!!!!

you been workin your ass off!! Can not wait to try this out. Looks like another month of my life lost (thats a good thing, spare time sucks)

13. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Yep... been busy :).

Check out this as well:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=27378

14. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Thanks for the code! Below is the review I promised and also posted in iTunes.

When I first opened Prairie Chute I saw the great looking menu, but I missed a help button. I couldn't find it. It's a bit hidden in the lower left corner. I think that can better be added to the list of buttons, but it doesn't matter very much, because when you know how to play you don't have to look there anymore.

Okay, after that I started playing and I saw myself jumping out of a plane, dodging birds and hills and finding the hole. Offcourse I played on hard ;), so I also saw some electricity. The pace is great and while it's not simple it's not too hard. After a couple of times I had a score I thought was good, but I wanted to see other scores. I just tapped the score's button and I saw score's from the whole world. Well, that stopped me from thinking I was good....

The game is great and overall very polished and the menu is one of the best I've seen, but there are two things that I don't like. One is the position of the help button and the second is the fact that you can't return to the main menu from the pause screen, you must restart the application or let yourself die. Not a big problem, but simple to fix and it's better.

Overall this is a great game if you like Scoops, FlightControl and go so on. The game looks good and works good. Worth the €0,79 / $0,99 and I give it 4,5 stars and 5 stars when the things I listed are changed.

Prairie chute feels a bit like scoops for me, while everything is different except the fact that you fall down. :)

15. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Thanks for the review Frog! A couple of people mentioned missing the "?" (not a great idea on my part in hindsight)... so I changed the button to simply say "Help" in the 1.5 version which should be approved any time now... so that's one off your list :).

I also completely agree with the pause and return to MM. Another colleague of mine brought this up a few weeks ago, and I was waiting to see if this was an issue for anyone else. Consider it done in 1.6.

Thanks for taking the time to play, and offering your feedback.

Matt

16. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Haha I've already been tied by sparky it seems :p. Once the update comes out I'll reclaim my solo #1 spot.

17. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Ha... didn't notice that! I scored a 52 in testing using both extra lives, so I'm sure the good players can probably get in the 60-70s!

MJ

18. Reeves

Reeves New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Downloaded the first version... bring on 1.5

My sister and I both downloaded the first version and I have to say this game is very addictive and competition is definitely alive in my family. With the ability to get extra lives maybe I can finally get past that 40 dog threshold:) When Apple approves the new version I will be immediately competing for top dog!

Good LucK with new release Matt...

19. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    #19 matt.johnson.mobile, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
    Glad to hear you both are enjoying it :). Things were fairly heated with the competition in my household during beta!

20. matt.johnson.mobile

Jun 6, 2009
    Game Developer
    Murphy, TX
    Prairie Chute 1.1 FREE for a limited time

OK... to celebrate over 50,000 online game plays and the pending release of the 1.5 update, I am offering Prairie Chute FREE for a limited time :eek:

The price will return to .99 when the update arrives, so get it now if you like great pick up and play games! :)

I just flipped the switch, so it may be a couple of hours before the change is live on the App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324616043&mt=8