iPhone Legendary DXP (By Upper Deck)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 17, 2017.

1. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    No thread activity in three weeks and the online community doesn't seem to be very robust. I've been in the top 10 in "exp" every week and I'm averaging only 1-2 games a day. They did get the weekly rewards sorted out, though they're typically a couple hours later than advertised each week.

Anyone here playing at all? I keep seeing the same handful of people over and over, but I don't recognize any usernames from here aside from someone I met via Sentinels of the Multiverse.

2. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I bought to see where it was going. I think (unless I’m being a muppet) that where it’s going is straight into the museum of utterly ridiculous UX choices. Please someone tell me that the latest update hasn’t bought a permanent f*&±king sidebar to show card details.

3. kisschrisjohnson

Sep 28, 2017
  4. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, wow, that new UI is terrible. You don't need to make it less readable on tablet to make it functional on phone (see what Sentinels of the Multiverse did with their UI - they completely redid it for phones and left the perfectly functional tablet UI well enough alone).

Plus they randomly replaced some of the artwork, most of which was better the first time around. I have no idea what they're doing, but this update is really turning me off.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Enh, I appreciate the better display of the Evil Scheme, now I can see both number of twists and or monsters escaped so I can better tell how close the game is to ending.

6. falcon815

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    The display on the Evil Scheme hasn't changed since the previous update, from what I can tell - the number of schemes drawn and conditional value were both there in the same spot before. Is there something I'm missing?

I do appreciate that the discard and KO piles are easier to get to in this new interface, but I still don't understand why they kept the zoom sidebar in the tablet interface, presumably to make the cards easier to read, when I could read the cards just fine without the sidebar in the first place.

7. Majya Loken

Majya Loken Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Ok thank you glad to see others say the same. That new UI blows. Such a perplexing idea... how that got out of the development room... crazy

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I started playing this on a whim. After a few rounds I finally figured it out. It reminds me of Dominion, which for me is unplayable now. I am enjoying it. And I haven't found tons of bugs, just a freeze or two but the game goes right back to where I left off.

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sure, somewhere between Ascension and Dominion. I mean I see it as Ascension as you're buying cards from an ever shifting central market, but like Dominion, the market is made of a pretty small subset of the game's possible cards. I also appreciate how it combines co-operative and competitive elements into a single game.

You're all working together, for the most part (there are some cards that will screw with your fellow players), but you still want to be the BIGGEST hero of the day. What is a bit counter-intuitive, however, is that it's often in your best interest to let the big baddy win, because even if the team loses, you might still be able to lock in your lead if you're currently ahead of your fellow players in victory points.

Lastly the game has good replayability since in each game you're picking a unique boss baddy and scheme that shapes both what the boss needs to do to defeat the players and what sort of hazardous random events he can throw out at the players.