Universal ORC: Vengeance - (by Chillingo Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Biggavelli

Biggavelli Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Boston,MA
    I beat this game already and really enjoyed it,with the update I'mma give it another go. 4/5 star :D

2. Glad you guys are digging the update and the new controls. Hopefully some of the folks that downloaded the first time for free will buy some 99 cent IAP or something so we can keep adding to it :D

Psac42: No mix and match controls yet, but we might make a hybrid mode in another update.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I hope you guys end the sale soon so you can earn some more well deserved money on this fantastic game. I never really minded the original controls but am digging the new, more traditional ones.

One suggestion might be to change some of the dialog boxes for newcomers as well as the skill mapping menu. Both refer to the original gesture controls even when the virtual stick/button controls are used so it might be confusing to those who are new to the game.

Since I had played through the game before, I opted for the Warrior difficulty and can tell a difference particularly for bosses. And damn hit my first hidden level and they are indeed HARD.

Great update!

4. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I've enjoyed this game since day 1 and now with this update its that much better, tyvm devs :)

5. raiderrrrr

raiderrrrr New Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Omfg new update kicks ass I love new dungeons and controls gj

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I mean wow wow wow! The update is amazing, the virtual stick control option makes a huge difference for me! I am going to start over just to enjoy this all the way to the end! Excellent job with the update.

7. theLorax

theLorax Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I was going to build a gaming PC just so I could play Diablo 3. I'm glad I decided not to. This game is good enough to scratch my dungeon crawler itch!

8. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I missed this game till now! I was browsing through the AppStore, saw this was free and gave it a go - so glad I did. The virtual controls, graphics, level/stat/weapon pacing is spot on, awesome little story, with a good mix of enemy types and environments. I seriously played this game nonstop for a couple of days until I had completed the main story and all of the side dungeons including looting every chest (Omniaxe, Crest of Kings FTW!).

Sadly I didn't feel the need to buy any IAP, but I would've gladly payed 1.99 for the state the game is currently in. I'd seriously consider changing this back to a priced app as I love everything about how the game functions.

On top of everything I just mentioned, it's retina and looks awesome widescreen on my iphone 5!

9. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Okay, I saw in one of TA's best of 2012 list. It is downloading now, and while it it I was wondering if anybody could tell me wether it is IAP centric? Do you need to pay IAP to have fun, or is it completely optional?

10. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Nope, its entirely optional. I remember getting more than enough loot and gold but I havent finished it since before it was updated. Tried the new controls though and they are fantastic, surely worthy of a secnd playthrough.

11. Bankai44

Bankai44 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Professional Mother Lover
    With your mom
    Ditto.

;)

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I wish this game had more loot than the shields and weapons! Can you guys imagine being able to loot head, shoulder, belt and hand pieces!

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Like I said on the previous page, I paid for zero IAP and felt no need for it at all.

14. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Totally optional. The game strikes the balance perfectly between too easy and too hard, and I did have to restart an area after dieing a number of times, but not too many to be frustrating at all, and that was totally without any IAP.

15. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    I just got this game yesterday. I am currently at the beginning of act 4 and did not realize there were difficulty modes so I have been playing on default. Game seems pretty easy and I have not purchased any new weapons and have been saving $$. What is the highest class of colour for weapons, purple? Is there any secrets within this game or is it pretty linear?
    Why is it every time I access the vendor from the menu the weapons and shields sold always change?

16. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Hey devs, can we have touch to run and buttons for specials?

17. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Can anyone tell me what's up with the "areas" that you can go into that aren't the next chapter/act? They are filled with monsters that are way more powerful and I can't even take one on let alone the 2 or 3 that swarm me. Thanks!!

18. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    Hey guys is it better to buy a powerful weapon or to upgrade a weapon that you already have? What are some good weapons to buy?

19. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    Those are special areas and you can get a few good equipment from there. You need the best equipment to go in there and do a lot of hit and run.

20. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    I didn't buy any weapon throughout the whole game. I purchased when I beat the game lol, I just bought the most powerful shield and weapon. Game seems so easy even on warchief once you have those weapons.