Realistic Ninja Fighter with Anaglyph 3D mode Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HighSkyDiver, Jul 13, 2011.

1. HighSkyDiver

HighSkyDiver Active Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    #1 HighSkyDiver, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
    Deadly Mira to be released on August 13!

The game combines elements of classic arcade fighters (controls), platformers (you have to run through floors) and RPGs (character/skills development).

I think it'll be the first realistic fighter game of this kind on the iPhone. It'll feature a female ninja as the main character, fighting off units of guards, robots and ninjas. It won't be one vs one fighter, but one vs >5 enemies, sometimes even >15 enemies.

If you're interested, make sure to subscribe to this thread, as more information will be posted here as soon as available.

[​IMG]
    --------------
    Update 6: Ninja Fighting Gameplay Demo

--------------
    Update 5: teaser:

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, the description sounds great, but that single screenshot tells me nothing about the game.

3. HighSkyDiver

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    Okay, added video to the initial post.

4. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    Looks promising - I'm a big fan of beat 'em ups.

I'm having a hard time picturing how it'll feel using those controls.

Do you need beta testers?

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Agreed. Those controls do feel a little weird. I hope the devs tested it with enough gamers to make sure they arent as weird as it looks right now. Other than that, the game looks interesting enough.

6. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeh, Im not 100% about the controls.

7. HighSkyDiver

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    Controls

Thanks for your replies.
    Hahaha .... of course, you don't play the game like I do in the video. As I mentioned (the lines above the video) I played it this way to avoid shaking the device, as my camera isn't very good.

So, normally you would take the control with both hands and touch the buttons with your thumbs like in Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. I've done a lot of testing regarding the controls. Maybe you've got to get used to them, when you're used to joystick controls, but the testers so far didn't even mentioned that there could be problems controlling the game, which is a good sign.

I didn't want to have the classic joystick controller for this game, because I think it's not a good gaming experience to have your fingers obscuring half of the screen. So check out the second update to the initial post. I'll leave the old video there for people to understand the discussions above.

8. Sai113

Sai113 Member

Jul 1, 2011
    when will this game be out? this month? year?

9. Jimbo_00

Jimbo_00 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Looks good but maybe needs a bit more enemies? Hard to tell via the game demo.

10. HighSkyDiver

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    @Sai113: Game will be released in the first half of August. It depends on how quick the review is done by Apple.

@Jimbo_00: Thanks. There will be more enemies, a lot more. The level you see in the video is (I think) the 3rd, so it'll get more difficult the further you get.

By the way, there will also be a story in the game. And there will be a really cool bonus feature, that I'll announce the next few days, so just follow this thread. A tip: you'll need some glasses for that.

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Em, just decided to watch Ninja Assassin for the 3rd time... is this game similar to that movie? (action wise...)

And what would this game 'be similar to'?

12. HighSkyDiver

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    Actionwise I think it's somehow similar. Unlike Ninja Assassin there will be no blood. But from the look and feel it might be the closest game to the movie. It has a more realistic approach than a cartoonish and there will be a lot of Ninjas.

This game is best described as a one vs all fighting game with control elements from the classic arcade fighter (e.g. to deliver a spin kick you press 'back'+'kick' button) and RPG elements, as you can improve your e.g. punching power.

You could also say, that it's a martial arts version of classic games like Pitfall, Mission Impossible or Elevator Action, but with a lot more action. If you play it, you'll see that the gameplay is something that you've probably never seen before.

13. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Pre-ordering :D

Can blood & gore be added for a separate 17+ version?

14. killermoons

killermoons Member

Aug 25, 2010
    looking very interesting, will this have multiplayer?

15. HighSkyDiver

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    Sorry for my late reply. Had a lot to do.

@gunxsword: Thanks. I've put your request on my user request list, however, I cannot guarantee that blood will be added (... not sure, especially as games with a lot of blood have a hard time in Europe).

@killermoons: multiplayer is already on the feature list for further versions. However, it'll depend on user requests and of course the success of the game.

If you haven't seen it yet, please check out the fourth update on the inital post with a lot of screenshots and more about the game!

16. Sai113

Sai113 Member

Jul 1, 2011
    whats the best ninja movie u saw to date?
    ive read that for G.I Joe 2 they wanna put a lot of ninjas inside !
    also i wonder wolverine 2 they wanna make it in japan with lots of ninjas :D
    at the moment and the last time there were some ninja movies out
    ninja
    ninja assasin
    shinobi
    the warriors way
    g.i. joe (well part of it)

a good game for is also The Last Ninja, its quite an old retro game :D

17. Instinctive

Instinctive Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Ninja Assassin is the best movie ever, though the game itself isn't that good!!!!!
    This game looks really promising. Is it also for the iPad? What is anaglyph 3d?

18. HighSkyDiver

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    There won't be an iPad version for this game at the beginning. To answer your question regarding anaglyph images: if you have red-cyan-glasses, you can turn on anaglyph mode and watch the game with these glasses. You'll see an illusion of depth.

For more info please refer to wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaglyph_image

So I hope the game will be out next week.

19. HighSkyDiver

Jun 29, 2011
    Developer
    Germany
    please check out the teaser video on the first page.

20. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Realistic? Are you OK??