Developer wanted

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by skipper587, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Looking for a capable, experienced developer, and an artist to work on an upcoming app idea.

2. Newtz_2001

Newtz_2001 Member

May 11, 2009
    Game developer
    New Zealand
    Would this be on a contract or profit share basis?

3. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    #3 Pocketplayer64, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
    profit share. That is where the developer gets some of the money right?
    By the way this is the Idea Co-Founder. I can garuntee that if anyone is capable of making this app and getting permissions neccesary for construction, They will be taking part in a Best-Selling App.

4. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

Profit share is where the developer gets a share of the profits generated through sales, yes.

And you are the OP by a different name?

5. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    No. I am the person he is trying to adveritise.

6. Newtz_2001

Newtz_2001 Member

May 11, 2009
    Game developer
    New Zealand
    What do you mean by getting permissions necessary for construction? This is protected IP?

That is a very bold guarantee! Ask any of the devs on here :)

7. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    #7 Pocketplayer64, Aug 18, 2009
    This is a good one. Trust me. It will require permissions from other developers to use some of their products. I would tell you more but I don't want to give away too much. Basically, this is the biggest crossover application you could ever imagine.

If you are interested in being involved in this application, please show me some of your products.

8. Newtz_2001

Newtz_2001 Member

May 11, 2009
    Game developer
    New Zealand
    #8 Newtz_2001, Aug 18, 2009
    It sounds like quite a leap of faith... how big a team do you need? And what is the anticipated timeline, roughly?

9. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    I'm not very sure. More than one programmer for sure. And maybe a couple of art designers, but that is optional.

10. PixelthisMike

PixelthisMike Well-Known Member

Another question: If this is a game will any 3D coding experience be necessary?

Sorry could just ask in private but I figure anyone interested might have similar questions :)

11. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Hmm...this sounds very similar to what Visionary was promising. So many great ideas that are "guaranteed" to be highly successful best sellers. Wish I had a dollar for everyone with a great idea!

If I knew for sure that $1 could make $2 or $1000 could make $2000.....I'd be throwing money into whatever project it was. But unfortunately, there are no guarantees in life. :(

If you prove me wrong...well, more power to you :D

12. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    No. This will be very much in 2D. There will be interactive eniviroments, time triggered events, and multiplayer capabitlty over wifi required though. As well as an AI for single player. Do you think you are capable?

13. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Sounds abit like the game I'm trying to get someone to devolop. Pm me if anyone is interested. I'm doing the art and thegame design document. Need a progammer and a dev.

14. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    #14 Pocketplayer64, Aug 18, 2009
    Yeah thanks for that but can you adveritise somewhere else? I'm trying to get a programmer and art designer, not get one for you. No Offense.

So is anyone interested in the job?
    I will send you a detailed description of what I have so far. There can always be more added, as I am sure will need to be.

15. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    Don't worry I won't advertise. Just really need a dev!

16. This game will be a hit. I can say that. But he's right about needing a lot of permission. And the animation and programming are going to have to be good.

17. error

error Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    The earth core
    #17 error, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    deleted

18. Pocketplayer64

Aug 17, 2009
    #18 Pocketplayer64, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
    Yes. But please don't spread too many rumors. It hasn't gone under construction yet. If you are interested in the job, we need an experienced programmer in UI for single player and Online game programming for compatibility with multiplayer through OpenFeint. We also neeed an art designer that can render something in 2d to make it look like it is in 3d using shadows, textures, etc.

If you are interested in either job, PM me to find out more.

19. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Well, if you guys have already gotten character permissions this early in the game, I take back the skepticism I had earlier. Most brands wouldn't dare take a chance with their image without seeing what they're getting themselves into, so they must have some confidence in this project. I wish you guys good luck, and am looking forward to the final product!

20. error

error Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2009
    The earth core
    not a dav but had the same idea and you can update it with new maps and characters if you make the game