Nova alternaltive ending

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sk8erdude50, Jan 11, 2010.

1. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #1 sk8erdude50, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
    I know this has been posted before, but I didn't really find an answer. I was wondering which level, if there is only one, does a choice appear that alters the ending? All I remember is a choice in the snow level to save the marines or move on. Is that the one, of it is, is there any other one? Also I remeber a choice at the beggining to either go in an escape pod or go in the ship, but nothing happened when I tried to go in the escape pod. Thanks, and btw, please no spoilers, I would just like to know which level

2. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    #2 MexicanJesus, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
    Ooh, I can't say which but there are, if I remember correctly, 3 of them. The snow level being the last (obviously). The other ones.. I believe (un)happy to help, and I will look into the other.

EDIT: I just went into nova and looked over the levels. It might not be unhappy to help, but rather a spark in the void. Which ever is the one where you have to initiate the self destruct codes (I am sure of this because that is why you must help them).

The other might be firefight.

If you play through it, you just have to listen to the radio, promethieses/other marines tells you when to save them.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    oh shiiit?...wtf
    how does the alternate ending works? how different is it?..
    oh my god

4. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    ok thanks, btw since u listed more than 1 level, does that mean there is more than 2 alternative endings, endings, because I thought that only whether u decide 2 save the people or not matters.

5. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Well, I am trying to figure out how to say this without spoiling the ending.. Basically, there are two endings. One for if you are a good person, one for if you are bad. If you help/save others every chance you get (it's 2 or 3 times in the game) then you get the good guy ending. If you at all ever choose to not help/save others you get the bad guy ending.

The difference between the two endings are very minimal. If I remember correctly only 1 or 2 differences in dialog at the last part of the game when you defeate the final boss. This difference in dialog is basically just you being called a good guy or a bad guy. If you have beaten the game before, you should be able to tell how the dialog should change. Just think about it, the last level is called 'judgement'.

6. sk8erdude50

Oct 6, 2009
    ok thanks a lot, that basically answered all my questions.

7. CAPTAINK555

CAPTAINK555 Active Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Area 51
    Thanks a lot. If you hadn't posted about the endings I would have never known about. Kinda wish the ending changed more though.

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Thanks a lot. Saves me replaying the game to get a different ending.

9. MexicanJesus

Nov 10, 2009
    Yeah, the alternate endings are pretty low. Perhaps if they at least made it an achievement it would have been worth it. Bit I have beaten nova several times so I was bound to stumble on both endings.