"The most fun you can have with your finger and a bird!"

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Mykyl66, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Mykyl66

Mykyl66 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    #1 Mykyl66, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
    The most fun you can have with your finger and a bird!

This was a review title left by one of our Canadian customers regarding Hungry birdz.

We thought this would be the perfect tagline for our game but wondered how Apple would react to it when we release our first update, given that on first glance it makes you giggle for all the wrong reason's (Or is that just me.) :D

If we cant use it for the subtitle of our game the same question applies regarding us adding it into the games description.

Is there a difference with a customer saying something like that and us using it for marketing the game?

So much to learn. So little time.

Cheers

Mike R

2. Well, I'm glad the guy at least used "and." It did make me chuckle though -- yes, for all the wrong reasons. But that's why it made me chuckle. Possibly because I have a deviant mind; it has that absurdist draw-your-own-conclusions ring that naturally inclines one to think twisted thoughts, like saying "...just imagine what she could do with a fire hose and a duck!" completely out of context and just letting it hang there.

Still, I think it would make a most excellent tagline -- or at the very least an attributed quotation if you're skittish about how it would be received if it sounded like it was coming from you.

3. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

hehe, best tagline ever!

4. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    I don't see anything wrong with it as a tagline. Mostly it is just absurd and makes you think for a moment.

I'd suggest using it immediately because that tagline can be modified and applied to anything, just as Mindfield said "... imagine what you could do with a firehose and a duck".

5. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    We had a review for one of our games that said "This app peels my banana". Unfortunately I can't work it in to the marketing material anywhere, but it did make us all laugh in the office!

6. Mykyl66

Mykyl66 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    I'm glad that you folks found it as funny as we did.

I asked in another thread about the fact that changing descriptions on the app store doesn't change the web based page and had wondered if it was possible to force a change there. Shame that none of the websites that scrape the information will hold any new descriptions etc as we fine tune things.

Thanks

Mike R