Universal Minecraft: Pocket Edition (by Mojang)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Penilegland, Nov 16, 2011.

1. PRE

PRE Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Game Impressions

Not to impressed with survival mode so far. Maybe it's just me but I have only seen sheep and zombies. Also the zombies I have encountered are not really a threat as you can just dodge them very easy, kind of feel dumbed down for the iPhone.

2. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    That's actually because this is still beta/alpha >.> If you actually read the changelog, sheep and zombies were the only mobs added as an introduction of mobs into the iOS version.

Don't expect everything to be perfect. Yes, you want this to be Minecraft. But Notch isn't working on this version. Why? Because he's working on Cobalt, Scrolls, and updates for Minecraft along with the few people at Mojang (few compared to other game companies).

3. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    THIS is the 7 buck content i expected when i purchased it. :D

4. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    Anyone else having the fence issue, in which the fences are invisible until a gate is placed?

5. electroman12

electroman12 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Yes, I am also having this issue. I'm not too thrilled about it too :mad:. Also, I am having an issue where I can't collect wood with an axe. However, I'm sure these bugs will be fixed in the next update (which Daniel said would come out quicker!) ;)

6. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I haven't had the wood issue, but I'm glad they'll be ironed out (somewhat quicker) - I'm excited for what it so come.

7. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida
    They also updated the lite version as well...

8. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
  9. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    According to the change log, exactly the same stuff as the full version.

10. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Thank you! Just re-downloaded the lite and yes - it has survival mode and flying. Looks like the build mode and survival are separate - don't see how one could switch to survival mode from an already-build world given how the menu system is set up.

Flying works a treat!

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    It's also because it IS dumbed down for the iPhone, there's no way it could work exactly the same as the PC version.

12. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    This desperately needs an analog stick

13. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Item no longer available in UK?

14. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    has been pulled out of the german store as well

15. sivyan

sivyan Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Germany
    dahell? don't tell me I wasted 6 bucks ...

Edit: It's available for me, in german store aswell as in the USA store, dunno what you guys are talking about

16. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Hopefully just fixing a problem. Gone from Ireland too. Still shows up on the update list though, which is a bit odd.

17. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Looks like it is possible to carry any previously created level into the new survival mode. Just create a new survival level, then delete chunks.dat and copy over the one from the world you want to play.

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I was playing this with my kids over the weekend in survival mode, and it's fun, but seems kind of ridiculously easy too. Wield the sword and the zombies are ludicrously easy to kill. Still, the night/day cycle adds excitement for sure.

19. xPEACEMAKERx

xPEACEMAKERx Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    West Coast
    Update 0.2.1 is out

Looks like this update just dropped. I've checked it out and it's pretty nice. Hopefully they just keep plugging away and updating consistantly.

I want caves! Pigs are cool, but I still want caves. Here's the update notes.

New controller option – Split Touch Controls. This is option may be more suitable for those with bigger screens (hello tablets!). You got a cross hair and the right half of the screen lets you rotate the camera. Touch to place block, hold down to remove blocks. Just like you did before :)

Flying is changed; ascend/descend by sliding from the center button to the up/down button

Pigs are added to Survival Mode

Bug fixes

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Except for the absence of a mouse and keyboard and the presence of on-screen sticks and buttons, and possibly (though not certainly, as the Mojang fellas are not quite sure of this themselves) some limitations on the size of the procedurally generated world (i.e., not quite 8 times the size of earth, but perhaps once or twice the size, etc. Not a very pertinent limitation ;) ) there is every way it could work exactly like the PC version.