Universal Clash Of Clans [Strategy]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by MacGyver, Jun 20, 2012.

1. terORSIspy

terORSIspy Member

Aug 6, 2012
    this game is so awesome. spending too much time on it :(

2. You can't command them but you can choose which units to deploy and where. The 500 exilir guys the Giants it says in INFO that their FAVORITE targets are DEFENSES. So I deploy those guys first they have 300 hitpoints. Then deploy a couple wall destoyers they do 40X damage to walls. Any then once the smoke clears a little bit bring in those 50 exilir guys who do have those bags who do double damage to resources.

This really is a hidden gem of a game. Now I'll go ape wall ballistic if this company who puts out Hay Day also has good graphics does to this game what they did to Hay Day. Basically Hay Day they made you use facebook which I refuse to ever use in my lifetime. Also it might destroy my enthisiasm for the upcoming Thunderstone too if they insist on facebook login bullcrap.

3. Also for those who don't know this is universal. Play this on ipad 3 looks great. Perhaps title of thread should be updated to indicate so if not too much trouble.

4. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Still surprised that this game isn't getting much attention from touch arcaders. I mean we went crazy for pocket planes and this is, IMO, far more entertaining on a daily basis.

5. Kildar

Kildar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Send me an invite to the clan. I'm K1ldar. Thanks

6. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Downloaded this.

Seems like some fun. Kind of like the text-based Utopia/Dominion games with some Tower Defense strat thrown in

7. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    How many people are in it?

8. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    How can I get into the clan? (I fixed up the clan house, but cant find the TA clan)

9. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I am a big strategy game fan, mostly 4X but RTS too. I'm really glad I gave this a chance despite being freemium, it's great.

When I get the clan castle up and running I'll join you all in the TA clan.

10. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I am so hooked on this now after having some battles back and fourth with other players. I repelled my second raid, but first raid had 2 giants and 45 infantry against my level 8 base.

Also, I convinced my wife to start playing. Can't wait to get the clan castle up and join Touch Arcade.

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Solid game, wish my account was tied to my gamecenter id though and not my device. As it stands now, loading the game on an ipad and iphone results in two separate clans.

12. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Can I get an invite, my name is unfrozen.

13. bmac 8

bmac 8 Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    #33 bmac 8, Aug 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Anyone that wants to join the TOUCHARCADE Clan, first build your clan castle, leave any other clan you are in (you cannot be invited if you're in another clan), then send me a friend request in GameCenter I am BMAC8. We can run the leaderboards like we do in Tiny Tower.

14. Unfrozen

Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I'm in there now, thanks. Already sent a couple giants to reinforce you, although from the piles of graves around your base I believe you are handling yourself quite well.

15. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    How many people are there. Might leave my own clan...

16. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I added you. Please invite me to the clan

HarlequinRogue

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey guys, I'm in the shielded build up phase and I have some questions for ya:

(1) when attacked, do guys in your barracks help?

(2) when attacked, do you only lose resources when the resource buildings are hit, also the town hall, or any buildings? Trying to understand what to protect and what buildings I can maybe use as shields depending on range;

(3) the troops say "level 1" on them. Do troops level up, or just the barracks?

Any other tips?

18. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #38 jecebn, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

1- Only the troops in your castle help when raided. If you have trained troops in your barracks, when you are raided they will be lost if the barracks get destroyed. If you know you're going to log off of the game and don't have an active shield, don't build up any troops because you will just be throwing them away

2. You loose resources from your resource collectors, resource storage and the town hall. The other buildings aren't worth anything. The most important building to protect is the town hall. If that is destroyed during a raid that is an automatic 1 star win for your opponent. Put your town hall in the middle where it's harder to get to. You also want to position your defenses within range of each other so that if one defense tower is being attacked, another can help out

3. Once you build a laboratory you have the ability to upgrade your troops to make them stronger

19. small correction....you lose troops if your army camps are destroyed...irregardless if your barracks are destroyed.

I got this game going on my iphone, ipad 2 and ipad 3...it's a blast. I got raided by a level 31 when I was level 24. It is based on how many stars you have NOT what level you are. It's ok though I raided 50+ people so I was due so sweet revenge and he totally 100% wipe me out. I so deserved it though.

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey

So you should build up a bit before attacking so you dont get too many stars too fast?

Also, do you plan attacks with clan mates, like you attack first and if repelled clan mate finishes them off? Or is there more direct help?