iPhone Dungeon Lore

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Tavy3DA, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Tavy3DA

Tavy3DA Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    iPad $1.99

Mac/Win $3.99

2. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    One of the same please:)

3. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Third, looks like an interesting game, and goes on my buylist.

4. Tavy3DA

Tavy3DA Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    So happy to see there is a little excitement about DL. Thanks so much for the feedback and questions. Here's a few more screenshots :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, we would love to have you like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. There you are sure to get the latest Dungeon Lore news. Also, we are working on another title, The Other Brothers. You can keep up with it's progress by liking and following us.

5. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    1.99 for this? Insta buy then. :D

6. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
  7. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is this fully turn based? I watched a video where the PC was exploring and enemy NPC was walking around at the same time in real time...

8. Tavy3DA

Tavy3DA Active Member

Jan 18, 2013

All combat is turn based, otherwise you are free to roam and do as you please (look for loot, traps, heal, etc)

As soon as combat is initiated the game goes into "turn" mode (initiative is rolled)

It is possible to prevent combat if you stay out of their range. Each monster has a certain "aggro" range.

9. Tavy3DA

Tavy3DA Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    For those of you that interested, here's a little look at the process of creating DL.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

10. Tavy3DA

Tavy3DA Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    #30 Tavy3DA, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  11. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    I bought DungeonLore yesterday and played for two hours or so.
    Unfortunately several small quirks add up and take away from the enjoyment. If these (list below) should get fixed/improved, I think the game would greatly benefit from it. From what I played so far, this seems to have a good amount of potential.

• Dice rolling for stats and hp? Please, no. That is just annoying, because most people - including me - will just spend more time rolling until they get a good result. Change to a point-based system.
    • No explanation for the stats or skills, please add that. I am completely in the dark on anything that is not obvious (e.g. the "Regenerate Mana" skill says in the name what it does). Detailed explanations would be even better (e.g. for "Regenerate Mana": "regenerates an additional mana per x seconds per skill level).
    • Is there a difference between the weapon types? If yes, please add an explanation/help for it. I now picked "Blunt", and it seems that it is much stronger against the starter rats than the sword I chose first.
    • Add an overview of the action bar (best in the menu) that explains what the icons do. While they are easy to figure out and remember, I tend to forget things when I do not play for a while, and would appreciate a reminder.
    • Game does not feel smooth on my iPad2. Everything seems to have a little delay which gets annoying quite fast.
    • The "?" marker indicating that you can search for loot is way too small, I missed it several times already, and only played the first level.
    • Getting a ranged skill in the beginning should give you a ranged weapon as well.

12. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I like the stat rolling, it's how most RPG's used to be . Although I can see your point and wouldn't be against a point system, funny things is they do this too but don't tell you, if you go to your stats page there's a number of points for stats and skill you can allocate.

I like the game but the explanations for things is terrible, I'm left wondering how many people won't get some of the stuff that can be done and miss half the experience and give up.

My biggest bug bear was the searchable areas, they should all contain a random element (of which there could be nothing) and only let you try the once. There's no point trying over and over until you get something, this is where luck would work better, ie if you have low luck you could get nothing or even booby traps more frequent (I dont know if the even do this), higher luck and you get better payouts. With your suggested stat system it'd work well, trade and payoff for what you want.

13. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    #33 Sheinfell, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    And I never liked stat-rolling, hated it since I played my first pen&paper RPG almost 30 years ago :p

Yep, that is exactly what I do not get. DL uses a point-based system for the skills, so why not for the stats/hp as well?

And I don't know if Luck has any influence on finding loot, because the stat is not explained anywhere.
    Same goes for the skills, as I mentioned already: E.g. I think that the Thief skill helps with finding loot/traps, but I am not sure as there is no help/explanation for the skill.

@september: you can actually try searching for loot more than once. What I got from the tutorial is that your chances to find something diminish with each try. I just kept at it until I found the stuff; took a few tries for each, but it never failed so far.

Also, small point for the devs:
    I killed the rat boss, and it would be nice if it dropped an item and not just some money.

14. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
  15. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
  16. lenogden1

lenogden1 Active Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Love the game my .02

Running on a ipad4

Loot descriptions off screen as noted by others

A little more on the height for the view. I'm often futzing around tryng to target the monster I'd like to plink with the crossbow

When I buy a replacement item and sell off the equipped one, it would be good to have the new item appear in the appropriate slot on my guy.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

62 yr old rpger and you've tickeled my fancy here.

I've got loaded, bgee, bastion, Orc, avernum 6, Dunegon hunte r1 and 2, pocket rpg, aralon hd, just to name a few, and I'm playing your game...

So fix the bugs. Add content regularly, and I'll keep buying :)

Len