super big question on the top 200 ranking

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TapMad_D, Dec 24, 2010.

1. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    just noticed that Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 had made its way to TOP 10!
    To be frank, i am not fond of this kind of games. it doesn't matter here.
    my question is, yesterday it ranked round TOP 40 or so. how come within one day, its sales was so boosted like on a rocket?
    my guesses are:
    1, EA made some promotion that i did not mentioned(not counting the 0.99 promotion)
    2,somehow people's enthusiasm on this game outbursted
    3,it's fake(least possible but i prefer leave it here)

how do you guys feel? sometimes the rankin change in app store is really hard to understand!

2. airzao

airzao Member

Dec 24, 2010
    I think it's number 1. Probably Apple's recalculation of rankings is imperfects but it's always been believable for me (that said, my experience is not yet a week old!)

3. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    its the 99cents sale combined with Mortal Kombats's brand value.

4. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Dude, it's a computerized thing. The iTunes store knows how many people clicked that "Buy" button.

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Its in the top 10 because its AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :cool:

6. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    its in the top10 because its a cheap mortal kombat.. and its not good by faar. but its cheap.. so for a dollar you can buy alot worser games.

7. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    It can never be fake that would be illegal. Not to mention how Mortal Kombat is one of the bigger brands in the 90s. Besides it isn't bad of a game. I bet many of us who used to spent $0.50-$1.00 per game at the arcade playing Mortal Kombat would pick this one up instantly at $1.00. This is a "can't go wrong" price.

8. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Ho my, I was just reading a thread and because of your post I have now some wish to buy a game I didn't want buy at all. Ha well never enjoyed that sort of games, nor Mortal Kombat 1, only Samurai Showdown remind me some fun, not sure why.

9. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    actually, the 1st time i played the game i was 12 years old and was crazy for fight games. in my opinion, this game can't be compared with the KOF series and SF series, both for system and character design.
    now i finally noticed that players from the States like it so much...i'll try revisiting it.

10. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Well said!!

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I picked it up on launch full price and I've never really liked mortal kombat very much I could hold my own in the arcades but only played it if I couldn't get near a street fighter machine. Really miss Raiden though it was great fun teleporting all over the screen and zapping people he's actually the very first character I would have put in.

That said if you have the patience to learn all a characters moves and fatalitys etc you could do a lot worse it's not exactly tekken 6 though.

12. maxxx

maxxx Active Member

Dec 23, 2010
    money

what ever will bring in the most money to apple , apple will keep on the top of the list. Its really that simple and easy to understand.

13. Kubba

Kubba Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    What an utter load of BS