Pitfall - (by ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC.)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
    [​IMG]

Source:

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes! Finally! Been waiting for this for SO long, and now I'm going to have this in my pocket!!! Wow! Lots of people are going to be very excited about THIS!! YEAAAYY! :D
    When to expect this?

3. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Wait... So no CoD? :(

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I think Pitfall can make a great mobile game.

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

While I do really appreciative it that Activision finally stood down from it`s Horse and start to act on the Mobil Battlefield with an own Studio their new Entrance seem to be kinda Lame.

Instead of bringing one of it`s recent Multi Million Dollar Franchise to the Mobil World with a big Bang all we get is Pitfall?

Don`t get me wrong - Pitfall is cool and great and I had a great Time with it over the last few Decades but...

ACTIVISION BLIZZARD opens up a hole new Studio in Great Britain and all we get is a Port of an 30 Years old Game?

This is kinda Lame.

Taking a look at the other Activision Games on the Appstore I ask myself how ACTIVISION BLIZZARD expect to survive against EA Mobil & Gameloft when all we get are either bad 3DS Ports of their Call of Duty Franchise or some Ports of some stale Games that have been ported to everything I can imagine - Even Toilette's in Tokyo.

6. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    What we really need now is an entire collection of their classic hits on one app like the Atari one!

7. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Woooo... NOSTALGIA!

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Except with good controls :p

9. bigrand1

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    EXACTLY! Ha, Ha! I thought of that as I exited my last post there! You called it! :D

10. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    My sentiments exactly.:D.

11. leaptomobile

leaptomobile Member

May 26, 2012
    Looking forward to this!

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I must admit i would prefer Pitfall than Call of Duty (got lots of similar COD games out on iOS already)

Pitfall is a classic so i hope they dont mess it up ! No weird tilt/swipe controls, have good old fashioned on screen buttons !

Loved this on the Atari VCS and over the years seeing the various versions. Really hope they do a decent version of this (And surely it would be great as an easter egg or option to have the original Atari version as well)

13. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    YES! Pitfall was my #1 favorite game from the Atari days, so looking forward to this.

I do hope they try to stick a little closer to the original Pitfall with this, rather than those later SNES games. They were cool, but I ended up using the code to play the original game on my SNES more than I actually played the Super Pitfall game (or whatever it was called). I never even got the sequel to the SNES Pitfall game.

Bring on the original game with new graphics/sound, I say! But I'm probably in the minority on that, since in modern day, a game like that would be seen as way boring (just not for me!).

14. timo2000

timo2000 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2009
    This was one of my favorite Atari games. I hope the controls are good as I forsee navigating the three alligator heads as a frustrating task. The timing of the 3 jumps will be crucial!

15. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Classic
    [​IMG]

Awesome
    [​IMG]

Wretched
    [​IMG]

Not so hot
    [​IMG]

Getting worse
    [​IMG]

Oh come on
    [​IMG]

WTF
    [​IMG]

16. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    If they made a modern game that looked like the box art of the Activision games, I would be a very happy little nerd.

Bit Trip Runner already went there and is the one to beat.

17. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    I'm surprised they haven't re(re-re-re)done Activision Anthology for iOS. That's a lot of fun on the Vita (transfer the PSP version), and the PS2 version is nice as well. The absolute best IMHO is the GameBoy Advance version, which has a mess of homebrew games not seen anywhere else (except limited-run cartridges sold on AtariAge).

Click here for an insanely detailed homemade companion guide to the GBA collection.

18. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Bit.Trip.Runner also came to mind when I first heard of a Pitfall remake for smartphones. I think that a rhythmic runner with a jungle theme and classic Pitfall obstacles would be very cool - and of course I am a big fan of Bit.Trip.Runner.

19. JindoFox

Dec 21, 2008
    If I had any skill, I would create a multi-stage endless runner with Jungle King (or Jungle Hunt if I cared about getting sued by the Tarzan estate) stages and graphics.

Come to think of it, that would be Tomena Sanner in the jungle.

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Would LOVE that to happen, wish more old companies did anthologies.