Sub-forum for Pre-Registration events

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by mikeworld, May 17, 2014.

1. mikeworld

mikeworld Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Some upcoming games have a pre-registration event wherein those that signs up for the pre-registration will receive bonus in-game items for pre-registering

Perhaps establish a sub-forum where only current pre-registration events are posted
    This will allow those that know of such event(s) to let fellow TA member know

what say you?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I don't think there are enough games like that to warrant an entire new forum.

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Just put it in upcoming games.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Something to consider with this and other "Hey make a forum for this!" requests is that if a forum doesn't have continual activity in it, it just becomes a spam trap and tons of work for mods to keep clean as it seems spammers prey on inactive forums the most. Off the top of my head, I can count maybe a half dozen games in recent memory that had this kind of thing? Are there more? I'm certainly never against the idea of expanding our forums and community but typically the only time it's necessary would be if there was a point where we were like "God all these pre-release game promos are clogging up our forums, we need a better place for them!!!"

...Which certainly isn't the case right now. If it ever is, I'd be more than happy to make a new forum. The same goes for soft launched games. :)