Universal Chrono Trigger (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Too many good games. :( Chrono Trigger, Bard's Tale, Infinity Blade 2, GTA III, and Venture Towns same day as GTA III. Plus Carcassonne expansions soon too.

2. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    THEY HAVE!!!
    its under bookmark in the settings

On a different note, I've never played this game before, since it was before my time, but I'm enjoying it quite a lot. I'm a sucker for rpg's though... FF3 was amazing for me, and I forsee putting a lot of time into this game. Well worth the 10 bucks to me so far.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    What do you know... Thanks!

Well, Gabrien, there you go. Just choose bookmark from the menu to save your progress when you can't use the regular save.

BTW, this game is a lot better than FF3. Just sayin' :).

4. TaiyrTress

TaiyrTress Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Gaming? Or something cool. :)
    Unicorn fun park.
    Tears for my wallet.. And my overexaggerated joy of this nice gem. <3

5. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Oh you... Why did you have to post that link?! The nostalgia was overwhelming. Now I've gone and bought the game!

By the way, this doesn't have iCloud support right? That'd be too much effort for SE. xP

6. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011
    We'll hafta see. I loved FF3.... I have no idea how to battle right now.... I'm about 15 minutes in, am stuck in the town, and have no idea what to do. I just kinda randomly tapped my way through the mech guy :p

7. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    So what's the difference between Bookmark and Save?..

And thanks for your note, I'll make sure to persevere at least until the first boss. Even if I have to gnash teeth.

8. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011
    Bookmark is a quick save that you can only load back once. Save is permanent, if you die, you restart from there.

9. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #109 mkaen, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    delete

10. Oreniishi

Oreniishi Active Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Also I've made a video of where the save button on the menu screen. you can skip to around 3:38 on the video :)

http://youtu.be/3pXQ1CWDCSE

I've not played this before and im actually looking forward to it. Also the soft edging isn't putting me off so I hope the story and game play is as good as secret of mana.

11. Oreniishi

Oreniishi Active Member

Oct 12, 2011
    At least you know what your shelling out for after the video :p

Not sure about iCloud I suspect not im looking at my Purchased in itunes and its not updated with CT :( but I'm with you on they have not implemented iCloud :)

12. PugLover

PugLover Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    USA
    I wish iTunes had a RetinaPad app for sale because I'm wondering if it would make a difference on CT.

The footage was great of the game, thank you

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Switch the Battle Mode to Wait till you get a hang of the combat...

14. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Bought without an ounce of hesitation... and because I know this will not go on sale for a long, long time to come.

CT was the first RPG I completely finished from beginning to end... long before FF7 and other mainstream RPG's came out. I was hooked onto the storyline and will be a pleasure revisiting it on the iPhone.

Crossing my fingers the graphics aren't as bad as everyone's making them out to be...

15. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011
    Thanks, I'll try that. I found the tutorial :) I understand now :p

16. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA

I have a scanned copy of the brady games pdf guide if your interested....i actually always have it synced to my device since i havent finshed the DS version yet...anyhow i would post a direct link for the pdf but im sure the mods would not approve...so PM me if your interested....and yes its my scanned copy

17. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Is there anything to give you direction in this game? I'm off to find the inventionist girl at the beginning of the game, buuut, then you're just given a map and shove on the bum. I don't know where to go or what route to take there. Is there any kind of objective markers or anything, or do I just have to wander around until I stumble upon what Im looking for?

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Explore the fair. You will eventually run into someone and then you'll be all set to go back to Lucca.

19. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011
    #119 dinoeggs777, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
    try going to the mayor's place. It's on the bottom town beneath your home. There's basically a tutorial there.

Didn't know if that counted as spoiler, but it doesn't hurt anyway. Don't want people raging for me spoiling the beginning 5 min :p

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That's not a spoiler -- it's actually very helpful info, so I got rid of the spoiler tags.