Addicted

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Dec 24, 2010.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

I think I'm finally addicted to iOS gaming. I haven't been a gamer since owning a megadrive. I was wondering if anyone was up for a one week ban event lol...just need some encouragement

2. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Hahaha. :D

A great way to fight addiction is to set limits for yourself, and to vow to never exceed those limits. You don't have to buy and play every game. Be selective, set a budget, and only buy the games you absolutely need. :) That's how I try to approach it. I never spend more than $20 a month on iOS games / apps.

3. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

It's not so much the buying I'm worried about. The games are dirt cheap and i normally resist the higher end games until the prices drops. It's more about the not-being-able-to-tear-myself-away factor.

4. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Setting limits can also apply here. Set a play schedule for yourself. No more than an hour a day. And if you go over that hour, punch yourself in the face. :p

5. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    though not a crazy ios game fan, i play it everyday...

6. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    You dogface. Lol jk.

You need to remove your credit card from your itunes account. Set yoursekf a limit, like one 25$ gift card a month, for example. Try to shrink your wishlist.

7. tomheroes

tomheroes Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    My wife refers to my IPad as my other wife. So I am in the same boat. At least she knows I am not cheating on her and it is a fairly affordable hobby. $30.00 a month on apps is cheaper than smoking or drinking and healthier.

8. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Lol thats funny. Imagine that: "stop playing with your other wife and come to bed!" hahahah