The Amazing Machine - For Sale (unpublished Game)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by infuseddreams, Jan 22, 2011.

1. infuseddreams

infuseddreams Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    "The Amazing Machine" Is a physics puzzle game inspired by "The Incredible Machine" by Sierra.

The aim of the game is to guide the red ball of heat into the exit block to melt the ice that is preventing the motor from running correctly and thus preventing the factory from working.

You have several tools to help you guide the ball to the exit.
    Which include :

Fans,
    Springs,
    Conveyor Belts,
    Ice Blocks.

The game using spawning and recycling and pre-defined arrays that get repopulated upon level change. It's very modular so making a level is just a case of spawning the object you want, and telling it where you want it.

I am open to offers for the game, i have a price in my head, but however i am open to any reasonable offer.
    If you are interested please send me a email to zackonmac AT gmail.com
    serious offers only please.

You get all sounds, graphics and code (it's made using the Corona SDK) with the purchase.

If there are no serious offers we will probably publish the game ourselves.

Video of the game in action (sorry for poor resolution)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwOOn6uGnOk

( I was instructed to repost this hear also)

Thanks

2. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    Well this is an odd offer.. Why not just release it yourself?

3. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    I agree with Mr.Ugly (well there is a first time :p ). If you have done the work, why not publish it? Sounds like a good game....

4. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    If they sell it to someone they can guarantee a sale and therefore profit, whereas if they publish it on the appstore they cannot guarantee sales. It's not that uncommon to see companies create games only to sell the source code/graphics/sounds.

5. DonMecca

DonMecca Member

Jan 19, 2011
    There could be many reasons, maybe the game isn't complete, maybe he has immediate expenses that he needs to take care of or maybe doesn't feel that he has the marketing skills to make it a successful game. There could be plenty of different reasons.

6. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    This ^ as well.

7. mr.Ugly

mr.Ugly Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    your chances to selling a hole project to someone is as high as to recoup your investment on the appstore.. maybee even easier.. from your customers you want a dollar or two.. from the one who buys your source its more acouple hundred or higher..

developing a project into the blue to sell the source is as clever as making anything and just putting it on the appstore..

the thing is someone might be interested to buy a project IF he sees quality in it and that he could sell it on the store.. but that for the game needs to be of certain quality.. the same quality a appstore customer would look for.. so it makes no big difference if you aim for one or the other..

its just odd.. for me at least

8. Lightworx

Lightworx Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Italy
    Well, for me it just says 'I don't think this will sell well so I might make more money by selling the source code'.

What would be funny though, is if someone bought it and it became a huge hit :)

9. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    "maybe he has immediate expenses that he needs to take care of"

That is the exact reason I am doing this. I have put so much work into this game and believe it could be a big hit, I am just suffering from the above quote unfortunately.

The game is finished, just want to make that clear. All that is left is to design more levels.

10. smoke27

smoke27 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    #10 smoke27, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
    Hello.

Without offense, I don't think that game could be a hit in his actual form. But maybe with some nice graphics, characters, musics, and new elements of gameplay...

11. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    Which graphics need changing in your opinion out of interest. Obviously the menu's are placeholders. But the springs etc are good no?

12. smoke27

smoke27 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
  13. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Sorry, but no, they aren't good. Your art is a bit poor (it looks like programer's art) & cold (looks like it is meant to be in a snowy theme). You need the opposite to make this game interesting: charming & warm art.

JC

14. AssyriaGameStudio

AssyriaGameStudio Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    What would you deem a "serious offer".
    As others have stated above - If I was to publish it then I expect I'd end up re-doing all the artwork, but I'd be interested in hearing how much you would want for the source.

Cheers,
    - Adam G

15. infuseddreams

Sep 23, 2010
    Sent you a message.

Don't want to make prices public as usually one party or the other does not want that information disclosed.

Thanks