Spelunk (Now Free)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by gongyuan25, May 11, 2011.

1. gongyuan25

gongyuan25 New Member

May 11, 2011
    #1 gongyuan25, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
    Itunes Link:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spelunk/id434409004?mt=8#

Ancient element village has five Books of Elements, which record the secrets of integration of things. One day, the Monster Gate in underground city struck village and robbed the Book of Elements to integrate powerful troops to conquer the world. While our brave collin will enter the underground cavern alone and recapture the Book of Elements to save the world.

Game Features:
    In this game, there are underground cavern, ice cavern, fire cavern and other different kinds of scenes.

Perfect Synthesis System. All the props, equipments and weaponry are available through synthesis, players can excavate attribute ores in underground city and synthesize them into all kinds of props and powerful weaponry they need through compositor at random.

Mission System, through finishing missions to get more props.

Monster System, there are more than 20 kinds of monsters in the game. They have magic attack, physical attack and other skills.

Treasure Box System, the treasure box in game can increase your interest in digging.

Character System
    , roles have fire, ice, poison, power, speed and other different attributes.

Item System, owing more than 50 kinds of props.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fylon

Fylon Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Looks kinda Maple Story to me!

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Only compatible with 4.3. That might be part of your problem. Why don't you at least drop the ios requirement to 4.2.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Or even 4.1 in my case? Looks like something I'd like to try.

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #5 Vovin, May 11, 2011
    Thanks for making this free. I was one of the buyers as the game was released.
    There's already a thread about the game and I reviewed the game.
    It has a lot potential and could be a great game, if there were no game breaking flaws.
    On my 3GS, it crashed quite a lot at the first screen in game.
    Also in the alchemy shop, there are some graphical glitches and errors. Compared items jump over the screen, get stuck and are not movable anymore and such things which seriously spoil the fun to play. A game in this state doesn't sell, it's that simple. Also, lower the iOS requirements to 3.x or at least 4.1. Many people can't use it otherwise and won't buy it.

Let me give you a few advices:

first of all, let the game stay free for another 2-3 days, then pull it from the AppStore.
    Get rid of all these nasty bugs. Try to get help testing from the people here who downloaded the game for free. We have a lot helpful people here. Include me for help, I can make a list of the bugs I found. Fix everything as good as possible.

After that, re-submit your app.Then do some promotion, like contests, spread the word about your game over Twitter and Facebook. Make it as visible as possible. Every day, hundreds of apps are released in the store. You game just got drowned under all these apps. Make an introductory sale for 0.99$ for two/three days and announce this in the apps description. Make 1-2 gameplay videos, that's important! Give it also a more appealing and unique name, the game deserves it!

This might help to give you more success.

@ mods: can you please merge the threads?

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Here's the main thread of the game.

7. Sharillon

Sharillon Active Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Also.

Maybe write a description that is readable for english Users. It really looks like "chinglish" if I may say so.

8. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    #8 STYJ, May 11, 2011
    How is this game ?

9. gongyuan25

gongyuan25 New Member

May 11, 2011
    Thank you very much for your advise!!

10. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    i bought this a day before it went free! I am ok with doing so but i wanna understand how to play this game more....i know you excavate elements and craft ....but im unsure exactly how to craft....it seems buggy when i do combine and craft...also i feel it should explain how to battle easier.....

11. Sharillon

Sharillon Active Member

Apr 23, 2011
    I played it for a bit now. I really like it!

But I guess there should be a better tutorial for it. I still dont know how to battle monsters. But the music is great and the artstyle too. I can see much effort were put in that.

So its a shame that not much people bought it. Really seems like a fun game from what I played.

But I guess Vovins Advice is a good one. It crashed for me too, whenever I try to exit the cave. And like I said, there should be a better tutorial in it to explain everything.
    Dont let the effort go to waste, since the Game really has much potential in my opinion!!!

12. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    This art looks extremely inspired by DDtank

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    PLEASE make it available for 4.1 and above...

I refuse to update from 4.2 to 4.3, because if I do... more than half the games on my iPod won't work because of lazy devs who haven't updated and haven't shown that they intend to update for iOS 4.3...

Is there any specific reason you need 4.3 to run your game, or would it run fine on 4.1?

Downloaded it... won't rate, because my review will be this babble... but I hope that you make it available for 4.1 or even just 4.2... if not... I guess I'll just have to wait another 6 months til all of the games I have on my iPod are updated for iOS 4.3... =o/

14. deadweight

deadweight Well-Known Member

I'm downloading for the artwork alone because it's a gorgeous looking game. Hopefully the gameplay equals the quality of the graphics. Nicely done.

15. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    whatever happened to this game? I just updated to 4.3 and was going to install it, having problems with syncing my ipod, so I can only get games through the appstore... but BLAH it's not there anymore... =o(

16. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    I had/have the same problem since the update! I try and sync with itunes but all my apps are grayed out! I tried every tip and trick on the web and still nothing!

Every weekend I come close to just starting over and losing all my data, but I just can't bring myself to do it!

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    mine is alright until I check the 'sync apps' box, then all my apps just disappear, and there's like 20 apps spread out over 5 pages... NO WAY am I going to loose all my data... I've got WAY too many games =oP

Oh well... hope this one comes back... =oP