Petition for Lemmings!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Booch138, May 6, 2009.

1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #1 Booch138, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    Ok so I was playing on Tiger Shark Game's Soldier Ants (Awesome Worms Clone) and I was thinking, how difficult would it be to port the game Lemmings on here? I grew up with that game on the SNES and I would love to see a port to the iPod touch (its been ported pretty much everywhere else). Who is with me on this one? I always found the lemmings strategy games to be just so freaking fun and like I said, I would easily pay even $3.99 for a big-wig developer to port it, or even a decent (better be damn decent) Clone from a more indie developer.

Think about it and sign on! Hopfully it catches someone's eye and realizes there could be some market there. I have a few friends who would die for it too, and some Multiplayer functions would be even sweeter!!!

You can sign the petition, if you are interested, here.

Thank you for your time,
    Booch138

2. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Agreed. +1

3. Rexinator

Rexinator Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I used to play this game all the time on my palm pilot. That probably wasn't the best port but it was a lot of fun. It would be kinda cool to have it on my ipotch.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Dude, I see what you mean, and I agree with you. But a thread on a forum isn't likely to get the developer to make a game for the iPhone, no matter how many posts.

5. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i will start my own petition.

kill the newbies that are posting useless threads! :)

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008

ssssshhhhhhhh blew our cover :eek:

JK

Yea i'll sign the pertition

7. jmarquiso

jmarquiso Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Bailout America and Kamikaze come close, but don't quite make the cut.

8. PrivateJoker

PrivateJoker Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Herefordshire, U.K.
    Ive had Lemmings on PC, PSP,PS3 and mobile phone but I think if they brought it to iphone it would have to be with new level designs or I wouldn't be interested at all. However, Lemmings is still one of the best puzzle games of all time imo.

9. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Lemmings 3d FTW! :D

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Love lemmings and would love to see that ported but were can I sign your petition Pante? ;)

11. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I didn't really like Lemmings 3D. Hopefully they would just stick to the classic lemmings and port that. Its already quite a solid game.

12. ShadowFang

ShadowFang Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Bring it ON!!!!!! Lemmings!

"Ill buy that for a dollar" <aka robocop>

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    You can sign Here for the petition. I would really like to see this thing to life, and I am sorry that I made a whole thread about it, but you have to understand that I havn't played the game in a while, and I would like to see it on here.

I would prefer the classic over the 3D one, I saw screens for it and it looked fun, but nothing beats a classic ;)

Thanks again guys, and to those who are angry at me for making a whole new thread about a petition (These are forums after all... give me a break, where else am I going to do it?) I do apologize, but you have to understand how passionate I am about getting the game on here heh.

14. blakespot

blakespot Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Blogger, Reviewer
    Alexandria, VA (USA)
    Psygnosis

Lemings was written by DMA Design (who became one of Rockstar's studios) and was published by Psygnosis who was purchased by Sony...who makes the PSP.

There will never be an official Lemmings port on the iPhone, I'm afraid. An iPhone Mario game would be of similar likelihood...

blakespot

15. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Well, there you have it.
    Petition squashed. :p

16. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Nice analysis, and that does suck to hear. If they really can't make a port of the origional, I would gladly go for a decent clone then.

17. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    hehe
    Maybe the title of the thread should be changed to a "Petition for Lemmings Clone" ;)

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah lol a little late to change the name, but the stance stays none the less. Even if we can't get Lemmings, a clone would be great. So we will move to that I guess.

LEMMINGS CLONE!!!

19. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Yeah... Use stunning 2.5D graphics, change the kinds of jobs, and instead of lemmings, use ants.

20. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    It's actually KamiCrazy and it's about as close as you're going to get right now for this platform. The only problem with it is the last few levels are stupidly difficult and the game has never gotten further updates. Bailout America looks er...not so good.