How about a forum just for kids games/apps? EOM.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by nippyjun, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    As stated in the title.

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Any particular reason for the proposal?

3. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't think there is enough demand for this. But I could be wrong.

Although I'd suspect there's other sub-forums that could be created that would come before a kids/games section came. Like a "Price Drops" section seems to be something people want too.

4. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    For example, the 17+ rated apps? I suppose it could be important to section out those...

5. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I think you are right. You could be wrong;)

I`d love to find out more apps/games for my 3yr old son and 6yr old neice. But Then again you are most probably right, There might not be enough forum members interested in such apps here at TA. Not worth the trouble of creating another forum subsection for it IMO.

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Yeah, only around three 'kids' apps, it seems like, come out every day. Most people here dont care much about them. Who would post them then if they dont even care a bout them?

7. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    For those forum members with kids it would be great to have discussions of kids apps. That's basically it. I haven't seen any sites with a specific forum just for kids apps and thought that this would be a place to do it.

8. Prab

Prab Moderator

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Currently, that could be done with a thread in the games discussion section.

9. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Or someone could create a public group and see how that goes. If there's enough interest and it seems like the discussions are active and a lot of people are joining...well then, we'll see what the "powers that be" think at that point :D

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I don't think there is enough interest here either.

Should be easy enough to start a topic if you needed to, and if you watch the forums, there are announcements for kid-friendly games on occasion.

From personal experience, kids have gone totally nuts over Bobble Zoo and Bebot on my iPod Touch. Sing Along has been a great lyric reference, but don't bother with the paid version, the music is rubbish!