Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge [Special Edition]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mister-k81, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mister-k81

mister-k81 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    British Columbia, Canada
    This was just announced today at GDC 2010!...

Official website: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland2/

There is no mention of the game coming to the iPhone/ iPod on the official site yet. However, LucasArts has already confirmed on their twitter page that an idevice port is in the works.

http://twitter.com/lucasartsgames

The game will have "new" and "classic" modes just like the original did. However, the new voice dialogue will be present in the classic graphics mode this time around. Which was something that I really wanted in the first game.

Sounds great, I really loved the first Monkey Island on my iPod Touch. This will be a definite purchase for me.

2. Nitzan

Nitzan Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Sweet! This is AWESOME!

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Awesome! Just what I wanted to see! Second best game in the series (Curse of Monkey Island was the best) and way better than The Secrret of Monkey Island.

4. Hmmm...can't quite agree with these sentiments. But LeChuck's Revenge was a great nonetheless.

5. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    In my opinion the first two parts of Monkey Island are the best ones - don't want to decide which one's better. Curse of Monkey Island, the third part, isn't quite as good in my opinion, but still far ahead of most point & click games not developed by LucasArts. I really liked it, too. Unfortunately I only played the Mac demo of part IV, but I wasn't so impressed by that one.
    Now I could download the new five episodes by Telltale on my Wii, but I'd rather buy them for my Mac someday.

6. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I hope it learns a thing or two about controls and interface from Broken Sword.

7. mister-k81

mister-k81 Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    British Columbia, Canada
    Well then good news, because Telltale already announced that all their games will be coming to Mac soon... Also Lucas Arts already listed that Monkey island 1 and 2 Special Editions will be coming to Mac as well.I'm guessing they will be available through the Mac version of Steam.

I haven't played Broken Sword, but the "touch pad" styled controls in MI:SE worked fine for me. It would be nice though if they did have an alternate control scheme like in Steel Sky, though.

But LucasArts really seems to be listening to the fan input they received from the first game for the sequel. So who knows...

8. wildcardd

wildcardd Member

Apr 16, 2009
    I am sooo happy about this news. The first, while a little flawed, was still fantastic. Can't wait for Full Throttle though.

from here:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/107/1076615p1.html

9. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    #9 Isilel, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
    Great, great news! Can't wait. I loved Secret of Monkey Island and I am very happy that I could discover these fabulous series of games thanks to my iPod.
    I preferred the controls to those of Beneath a Steal Sky, BTW - I only hope that they quit trying to make the cursor "context-sensitive", which in effect meant that it would often try to wrongly override my choices.

10. Radogol

Radogol Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    The game is already available on the Mac - http://www.telltalegames.com/macgames

11. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    According to IGN it's Coming out on July 7.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Woo-hoo! That's great news. Didn't expect it to come out for the iphone at the same time as for other (and more expensive) platforms...

13. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Sick! I look forward to playing this one through again. It was great the first time through, and probably will be the second time through as well.

I'd also have to give this game the award for weirdest/most confusing ending ever.

14. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
  15. Trurl

Trurl Member

May 28, 2010
    the 2nd one will probably be better played with the old style. and.. is that supposed to be lip sync? also that trailer is bad. can't wait for the game mind you

16. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    #16 SkyMuffin, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2010