Jet Set Radio (By Sega)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=483281
    Jet Set Radio Skates onto Mobile Devices This Summer

Beloved Dreamcast Classic Announced for iOS and Android Devices

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON - July 20, 2012 - SEGA® of America Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today disclosed that their much-anticipated HD remake of Jet Set Radio™ will also be available on iOS and Android devices when the world-famous graffiti game comes to consoles and PC digital download this summer.

Jet Set Radio for iOS and Android includes the same slick gameplay, genre-blending soundtrack, and pioneering art style as the other versions alongside new features like OpenFeint and Retina display support and the awesome ability to use pictures taken with your phone or tablet’s camera as in-game graffiti! Traverse Shibuya terminal on the train, silence the Love Shockers on your lunch break, blast through Benten-cho while boarding a bus and upload achievements to Facebook while riding a ferry; Jet Set Radio will be a dream come true for portable gamers everywhere!

Jet Set Radio will also be released on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®Network, PlayStation® Vita systems and Windows PC Digital Download this summer. For more information on Jet Set Radio, please visit www.sega.com.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry but: f*** yeah!!! I'm a great fan of both the xbox and dreamcast game, this is the biggest news for me in a while :)

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Very cool - I'd be happy to play through the original again, my only wish is that they incorporate the auto-grab from the XBOX version...

Time to go dig out the soundtrack. :D

3. aeranth

aeranth Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Oh my... Given the reverence that so many gamers have for this big little title I imagine there will be quite a few excited over this announcement, myself included. Thanks for posting that tidbit! Begin typical touch interface input reliability squabbles now... Only kidding. Sega has really stepped it up, ChuChu Rocket and Block People were really well done, in my opinion. Let's hope that they treat this as nicely.

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Oh YEAH! Can't wait for this oldie but goodie! Any idea when it'll be released?
    Also, SEGA, what happened to Sega Bass Fishing you promised a while back! Been very patient considering how I'm looking forward to THAT one!! Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

5. charlie8bit

charlie8bit Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Montana, US
    JET SET RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So jacked on this! Now if they will just put out Space Channel 5, and Power Stone (with multiplayer)
    Long live the Dreamcast! <3

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Space channel 5 would work very well on touch screens.

7. killercow

I'd love some power stone 2 with gamecenter integration for online play ; )

8. I've played Jet Set Radio Future before, I'd definitely buy this

9. iSky

iSky Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Oh awesome! I really loved Jet Set Radio when I was younger and had the original Xbox. Can't wait to play Jet Set Radio again after so many years, like 5 years!!

10. killercow

11. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Crosses fingers in vain hope that any delays for vita don't affect iOS. This is one of the greatest arcade games of all time.

12. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    I own a vita, and poor thing, not doing too hot in sales. Well that's why we have ios for games!

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

I was so looking forward to replaying this game on the Vita today and woke up to the disappointing news. :(

It would have been great to have been able to play 2 Sega classics in such a short time (Crazy Taxi last week).

Oh well.

14. Taytay

Taytay Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    I think it actually does ,i think there's a problem optimizing it for mobile period especially the touchscreen side of things

15. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Hmm, was looking forward to this a lot on iOS, but the lack of firm news is worrying, especially in light of the Vita announcement.

I also see that Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers have been rated for XBLA, hinting at a future release. Bring the definitive version of VF2 to the iPad, SEGA ... and then get rid of that God awful MegaDrive port that's on the App Store.

Two of my favourite Saturn brawlers, along with Fighters Megamix.

16. killercow

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
  18. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    I've only played Jet Set Radio Future, but if the gameplay is similar I'm excited to see the original come to mobile.

19. killercow

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    iPod touch 4 support? Never played the game.