How to avoid Admob close the account?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by dprat0821, Dec 26, 2014.

1. dprat0821

dprat0821 Active Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Indie Game Developer
    Beijing, China
    Hi guys,
    After searching on google, I know quite a lot providers have encountered the same problem. In my situation, I setup my account just half a month ago. I did carefully add my test device Id and simulator Id into the "testDevice" array, and I worn the people who took the beta version not to click on Ads(I cannot control all of them). But it seems to be useless... The day before yesterday I checked on dashboard to see there were only 1-3 clicks. However, because they are banners, there might be hundreds of presentations, which contributes $0 to my earning. and yesterday I received the mail from google to close my account. Maybe because I didn't bind my app with store address? Come on they are in beta now.

I can register another account but I'm feeling dangerous. Do you have experience how to avoid this kind of things? The accident clicks, the competitor clicks, or any suggestion for another ads platform? Thanks for any discussion.

2. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I have never had an issue with adMob.

Chartboost is another option.

Opening another account to get around seems like a good way of not getting paid.

3. dprat0821

dprat0821 Active Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Indie Game Developer
    Beijing, China
    Thanks Destined,

Would you mind tell something in technical details:
    1. How long have you been using admob?
    2. When you distribute the beta versions to friends or editors, you provided an AD-free version or add their device ids into the test list, or simply do nothing?
    3. Have you ever experienced unexpected enormous clicks or something like that? If yes, how did you do then?

Many thanks. This thread is not a rough complain, so I think it will be useful to find the true reasons to benefit all.

4. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    1. a couple of years

2. They played on my devices.

3. not with admob but I have with chartboost. My admob is small by consitent and includes my youtube earnings.

5. Planetman

Planetman Well-Known Member

May 3, 2014
    #5 Planetman, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    Ah but is Chartboost same as Admob?

Does Chartboost serve ads at 2 cents per ad
    Like Flappy Bird or is it Cpa?

Does Apples ad network also do the same?

IS Chartboost honest if you actually get to make $50,000 per day?

If Admob Do decide to ban you then you have had it

I did same thing a decade ago and pleaded over the years obviously different people reading it but to no avail

6. Planetman

Planetman Well-Known Member

May 3, 2014
    Anyone going to answer My questions?

7. Destined

Aug 11, 2013
    #7 Destined, Dec 28, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    You never answered peoples questions when they asked them of you so don't be surprised if people decide to not answer yours.

but

chartboost isn't the same as admob
    chartboost does pay
    Apples ad network only works on ios and doesn't have a great fill rate
    chartboost pays per ad click for paid apps and per install for free apps

8. 1stSPIN

1stSPIN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Own 1stSPIN
    China / Canadian
    Look at the problem as a you would with a legal issue. You have to show that your have a serious business and made a serious investment in developing your games and that you invested in promoting the games. That you did not use businesses that promote activity on your game for a fee. Keep it totally clean. If that is your business model then prepare an appeal that reflects that. And if you have some proof that if there is unusual activity it is arms length from you and your staff and friends.

I hope that helps:)