Is Jet Car Stunts as good as a lot of you say?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by golob, Nov 28, 2009.

1. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    A lot of people on the forums having been praising Jet Car Stunts like crazy, but I still feel unsure about it. What's the bad stuff about it that nobody seems to mention? Is it really a must buy?

I do like racing games, but I'm not a huge fan that buys every single racing game out there. I bought NFSU a while ago and beat it and had fun.

Other games I bought recently:
    Minigore
    All of these for $1 because of Black Friday sale
    Blades of Fury,
    Metal Gear Solid
    Minisquadron
    Beneath the Steel Sky

I dunno if listing those helps. I was also think of buying Soosiz? How much playing time do you get out of it?

If not Soosiz and/or Jet Car Stunts, any other new-ish games a must buy?
    Thanks.

2. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yea but it's hard though

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    No. We're just raving about it so that others will get sucked into buying it and share our misery.

4. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    #4 golob, Nov 28, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
    Does it have a lot of replay value? I'm kinda hoping that I can go back to it for a while if I have have a few minutes and nothing to do. Need for Speed was fun but once you beat it then it's pretty boring.

@Kamazar: Obviously a lot of people like it, but is there anyone who doesn't? It can't be perfect.

Edit: Also some people make it sound as good as Ocarina of Time which I'm thinking is a huge exaggeration.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    The biggest complaint I've read is that it's hard. Honestly nothing else.

6. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

If you like leaderboards, there is a ton of replay to be had. Apart from that it is just 37 levels. But those 37 levels are worth way more than the 2 dollar asking price.

7. tonyunreal

tonyunreal Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    If you bought all the $1 games on black friday sale, why hesitate to go for a $2 game? ;)

Jet Car Stunt is pretty cool IMO, but it's too hard for me, so far I only beat like 2-3 levels. :(

Soosiz is fun but far from a must buy, just try the lite version first to see if it fits your playstyle.

8. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    I'd really get Jet Car Stunts and MiniSquadron if I were you, two really polished gems.

9. Tendog

Tendog Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    CA
    I think it's challenge makes it even more fun. Why do games have to be easy to be good?

10. golob

golob Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Cool, I guess I'll get it. Thanks guys.

11. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    It's hard, but it gets easier with practice.

Yes, especially if you try to beat your old scores. I've been trying to get a gold medal on each track.

I highly recommend it.

12. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  13. UndeadZed

UndeadZed Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2009
    time trial or platforming? that is what is great about the game it has two modes both a which it exeles at neither feel lacking or poorly planed to me so there is a little bit for you who enjoy the platforming and then you have the go as fast as you can time trial

14. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    its one of my fav games and with practice it is not that hard

15. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    yeah, it's not too hard. I was able to beat all but two levels (Impossible C and D in platform mode) but it has good replay value.

16. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    YESSSSSSS
    i didnt think so then i bought it and holy shit. it is sooo good. driving your car makes you feel like a jet pilot. With the flaps, and the boost, and the drifting. Its just so much fun. You cant go wrong, just buy it

17. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

it's great. i was hesitating to buy it too but then i bought it. at first i thought it wasn't worth the hype. then i beat a few of the levels and i thought it was awesome. it may be hard, but as others have said, once you beat a level it feels great.

18. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    On your sig it says car jack stunts. Abit of a fail.

19. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

#19 Ace_97, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
    my bad. i keep mixing up jet car stunts and that other game car jack streets. thanks, i'm going to change it now.

Edit: It says car jack streets. I'm still going to change it though because i meant jet car stunts.

20. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    -Deleted- lol