App Store freeze. Should it continue?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by coolpepper43, Apr 7, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Every year the App Store stops any updates, releases, or charts updates during the week of Christmas. It annoys me every year. Do you think that Apple should stop doing the freeze and just pay people extra to work during this time? Every one would get time off but you can volunteer to work for extra pay. Not everyone celebrates Christmas so I don't really so a problem. To the devs reading this, do you think that the freeze is good or bad for your income?

2. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    The freeze is good for one thing only, the ability for devs to push illegal apps like emulators into the AppStore once it opens in January. Gridlee was an app that did just that ;)

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    App Store freeze can be maintained without overtime pay. Just have Tim Cook set up Apple PRC. They don't celebrate Christmas there. I think...

I personally like the freeze as it gives me a good opportunity to pick up sales. A lot of sales are so short that they are over by the time I hear about them.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apple is a largely US based company, it seems ridiculously selfish for the people responsible for the App Store 51 other weeks of the year to not get a holiday break because the freeze "annoys" you.

5. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Many companies work 24/7 that are based in the US. I used to work for a large company that had 24/7 tech support and they still operated during Christmas and every other holiday. I still think giving people the option to work like my company did seems totally reasonable. BTW, Eli, do you hate me? I'm a big fan of yours but it's seems that you do.:(

6. ChocoIceCream

ChocoIceCream Active Member

Apr 8, 2014
    The Christmas sale is one of the things I look forward to when buying apps :D

7. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    If people want to take time off of xmas that's totally fine with me.

I always take a week off over xmas.