Universal Mucho Taco

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone!

Wanted to share some information about our upcoming game Mucho Taco with you. You might have seen the stories on the main site about it, but here is a little more.

Mucho Taco! is a fun, vibrant and beautiful take on the idle clicker genre with a unique swiping mechanic as opposed to the traditional tappers/clickers. Mucho is all about harnessing the power mystical “Sun Tortilla” to build your taco empire. With the help of Barbacoatl, a self proclaimed “tacologist”, you must create as many tacos as you can, while managing multiple taco restaurants, smashing piñatas and throwing epic fiestas.

The game comes from One Simple Idea, a Mexican studio that wears their love of their Mexican culture on their sleeves. The game is chalked full of traditional Mexican flavor, from the artwork to the tacos themselves. And I can attest that after numerous play sessions, I have left hungry for real tacos. With beautiful pixel art and a wonderful soundtrack, it is just an overall joy to play. Whether you are unlocking the next level of tacos, throwing a fiesta, upgrading or buying new restaurants or completing oven quests, the game always has something fun for you to do.

There are 2 main areas of Mucho Taco!, the taco creation screen and the passive restaurant investing. On the taco screen, players must swipe to create as many tacos as they can. The taco per swipe is determined by the level of taco ingredients you have unlocked. As you create tacos you will notice your piñata meter filling. Once full, you can smash the piñata for tons of great prizes. There are also “Oven Quests” that when completed, create a “super piñata!” that has an even bigger prize waiting for you. (ps I love talking about this game)

The other main area is the restaurant screen. Here you can purchase new stands that passively collect tacos for you, as well as upgrade their production and operating hours. You can also supply each stand with special “Salsa Boosters”. (Did I mention I love talking about this game?) These boosters can be added to each restaurant to maximize their taco production. Each restaurant is only open for a certain time frame, so you have to wake them up to ensure max taco production. Utilizing which salsa ingredients (limes, cilantro, avocados etc) to use on which restaurants based on their open time creates a great meta game for hardcore players who want to get the most out of their production.

There are a ton of other secrets to uncover in Mucho Taco!, such as the mysterious “Mucho Suerte” but Ill leave those for you to discover on your own.

Mucho Taco hits iOS Sept 10th! Stay tuned to this thread for some early access code giveaways in the coming days.

Cheers

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    NOoooodlecakkeeeee!!! I love you guys - this will be awesome

3. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    This looks amazing and will be an instant download!!

4. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Ermahgawd tacooooosssss

5. Chris Savory

Chris Savory Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Game Developer
    Vancouver, BC
    That is honestly one of the best trailers for a mobile game I have ever seen. Looks stunning.

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I've been waiting for this ever since the post on touch arcade in May. Sent number of emails and tweets to the company about the game but never recieved any info back on it. I'm glad to see that it has a release date. I will PAY for this game . It looks awesome .$5 sounds like a nice price for it...

The art, graphics, and trailer are epic.
    This game looks amazing. Best pixel art I've seen

7. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    @Chis

Yea the team over at One Simple Idea are killer animators. The level of detail in the game is just as good, if not better than the trailer. It is a delight to play!

8. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Apologies for not getting back to you before on it. We didnt have any news on builds or anything until recently as we saw you were looking for pre-release versions. The game will actually be free to play but there are ways to support it based on what ever you want to spend.

Hope you enjoy it!

9. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    Codes For You!

Hola Amigos!

Mucho Taco is almost upon us. But for all of you patient tacologists who have fast fingers, we have some codes for some early access play. Please let us know what you think of the game and be sure to let the forum members know if you snagged the codes.

Cheers!

YW6N6P7MJ6YN
    MN6MAW4WP6XJ
    ALTYNMRRELMM
    YK47KAEX3JNE
    JHPELLFK6E9H

10. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #10 metalcasket, Sep 7, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    YW6N6P7MJ6YN redeemed!

Battery 4%, thumb obliterated. Literally swiping for 30 minutes straight. 10/10 would obliterate again.

11. Faultyairlock

Faultyairlock Active Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Just redeemed MN6MAW4WP6XJ

I'll post impressions soon too!

12. Ryan_Noodle

Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Saskatoon
    That might be my favorite review ever!

13. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I used ALTYNMRRELMM, thank you.

14. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    Don't know how I almost managed to overlook this thread!
    This looks fantastic (and a little Mad) :) the 10th can't come soon enough.

15. dbuser38

dbuser38 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2012
    All codes redeemed #

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    XD

I seriously just had 4% left and was afraid of my phone dying, but man...I gotta be honest with you: Mucho Taco's fantastic. I've never really been much of a clicker guy. I get why they're popular and have certainly spent a long time tapping away at things like Bitcoin Billionaire and Clicker Heroes, but in the end I'd either not connect with a game (eg. Bitcoin) because I'm a simple man and there's just so much stuff to do in Bitcoin that it drove me insane and Clicker Heroes just kinda fell into that same old F2P trap. I don't know. With this though, I don't know if it's the visuals, the damn tacos, the music or...something, but I can't put it down.

Think I might spring for the starter pack and doubler...just because. :)

17. Faultyairlock

Faultyairlock Active Member

Mar 18, 2015
    I'm pretty sure I'll have carpal tunnel syndrome tomorrow but I don't care. I've been playing this all afternoon and really, nothing else matters until I am able to make bacon tacos. Great game, and I'm not a big clicker game fan either. The graphics are great, the music is in my head like a pop song and the game itself is very fun. Mas tacos!

18. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Would love to try this out early. It's the only game on my wish and waiting list.

19. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I take one of the codes! This is the best clicker game so far. I'm loving it!

20. bigghurt

bigghurt Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2012
    Literally been checking this thread 10 times a day then my phone died yesterday and that's when the codes were posted. Is there anyway I could get one? I know it's only a day and a half away but I really really want to play this.