Universal Infinity Blade II - (by Chair Entertainment Group, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by JeNeI, Nov 30, 2011.

1. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Damm. I really want this game!!!!!
    Is this going to be fixed?

2. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Just to add - it does lag, but it's really nothing terrible. It's a relatively smooth framerate but there are several times when it slows down and stutters slightly - but then the iPod doesn't have very much memory for a gaming device so it's obviously struggling to cope with all those textures on screen at once. Sometimes, maybe once every hour or two, it started getting pretty jerky, but then I just tended to switch my iPod on and off and it would go back to normal.

It's definitely not great, but never bad enough to make fighting any enemy at all difficult. Unless you simply cannot take any less than 60 frames per second I think it's more than worth it (I beat the final boss, but didn't start a new game+). Of course maybe you have to have 60 frames or nothing, in which case... that sucks, I suppose. :p

EDIT: I noticed you say you have iOS 4? The game might perform worse on that version of the operating system, I suppose. Not sure.

3. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Thank you very much! Getting it for sure. And no I have 4th generation. But IOS 5

4. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    So you are implying that you pirated the game? Hopefully, at the very least, you get banned from TA.

5. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    Heh, I didn't realise I sounded so persuasive. I bought an iPod partly to play IB and IB II, so I have to admit I was disappointed IB II doesn't run perfectly. But I still think it does run pretty well and looks fantastic, even if the hardware can't quite cope with it. Hope you don't end up thinking I gave you bad advice! :eek:

6. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    No, no wont think like that! Thanks!

7. operaguy2112

operaguy2112 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    I also play on an ipod 4g and have occasionally experienced slowdown but for the most part don't have any problems. Certainly nothing gamebreaking.

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I skipped this one when I read about all the bugs and issues people were having but I relented earlier today and picked it up. I'm really surprised just how well it's working on my ipod 3rd gen I've been playing it for a few hours now and everything is smooth and just as attractive as the first.

Really quite impressed with all the improvements.

9. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Well beat it at last. Only died twice to bosses. This game really does improve on the first one in everyway. I also am liking the fact that there is an actualy story to get engaged in. Kinda sucks that you go directly to what I guess is a new game plus rather than being given an option like the first. Also there are only two complaints I had that are not game-breaking but nuisances. For one the lag, and the second is that the game does not recognize some swipes intended to parry. Might be due to the lag, but it has been pretty blatant on some occasins. Never had this in the first game. Cannot wait for some updaates. I'll definitely be keeping this installed even if I get short on space.

10. operaguy2112

Dec 1, 2011
    If you have version 1.02 then it doesn't automatically got to ng+. You can keep playing in original game as long as you want before starting ng+.

11. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    With good marketing and hype, one of the most boring games in the app store is also one of the most successful. Sad!

12. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I definately have the latest version, but after beating the god king I never got a option to choose. It just showed up in Saydhi palace from the beginning of the game with all my stats the same. But I still have all my gold, so I am guessing then that it just sent me to the next bloodline. You do lose all your gold in new game+ in this one as well too right.

13. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Options. You'll find NG+ in there.

14. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    #1554 injuwarrior, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    Got it thanks.

Damn, just hit NG+ by accident. Anyway to get out of it back to my original game. I thought it would confirm it at the very least.

Edit: Nevermind seems like NG+ is a new save slot. Really happy about that change.

15. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Just went back and played a few bloodline of Infinty Blade 1 on my ipod. The second really makes huge bound in tgameplay that I did not see before. It just feels way more dynamic than the first, and each titan has way more combos and variety of moves. The first one feels so babied down now in comparision. I am practically parrying every single attack in the first, and taking less than 10 hits throughout entire bloodlines. I also like how quickly the second one gets difficult and compared to the first. Chair rally did make about as agood of a sequel as one could want.

16. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Can anyone help? Does anyone know how to reset your NG+? I went to NG+ too early, and I'm having a hard time with the titans. I'd like to continue playing my original game, mastering more items, and adding a couple more stat points to my Attack before migrating to NG+. How do I do that? There is no way to delete your NG+, and no longer an option to start a NG+ once you already have one attached to your original game. If there currently isn't a way, I hope Chair includes it in the update.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    From what I recall, going NG+ was supposed to create a new save and leave you with the save file for the normal game intact, so that you would be able to play both modes separately. Is this not the case for you?

18. operaguy2112

Dec 1, 2011
    Restart rebirth 1 from your ng+.

19. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Any idea where update 1.4.1 of Infinity Blade I is about?

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im not sure why you asking "where" it's about. But i remember "what" it's about :)

Rookbane was introduced in 1.4.1, the preview to IB2 can also be found here, and the book IB:Awakening, together with some new items to be mastered.