BfW or Inotia?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dumbname, Dec 7, 2009.

1. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I'm looking to invest in a long term game (lately i've been playing a lot of short burst type games) and I narrowed my options down to these two games. Battle for Wesnoth or Inotia

I realize they are two different things, but i like both TBS and RPG and would like to know which has the best story/depth/hours of gameplay.

2. xdanleex

xdanleex Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Procrastinating
    LA,CA
    inotia hands down (puts my hand down on the floor)

3. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Gameplay you really cannot ask for opinions...they are different for a reason.

If you want depth Wesnoth is hundreds of hours long, Inotia can't touch that. I prefer the gameplay of Inotia but that's me liking ARPGs a bit more than SRPGs. Wesnoth is better value but it all depends on what type of RPG you like more, so they are both worth it.

4. Appnatic

Appnatic Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Well in terms of depth and hours of gameplay, you definitely can't beat BfW since it has tons of campaigns and also a massive update coming out with more content. There are different stories to play out, each with their own set of campaigns, some up to 25. The only downsides to this game is the horrible interface with its ridiculously small buttons and slow speed. If you have a 3GS or 3rd gen ipod touch I would get it but anything less than that I would probably go with CoI 2 since its also a really well made game with good depth and story, albiet with significantly less gameplay time(48 hours).

P.S. I do own both games. Personally, I prefer CoI 2, since I like RPGs a little more, especially with all the micromanaging of the gear CoI 2 allows you to do as well as talents. I like BfW, but I've had to remove a lot of apps from my touch as well as restart each time I want to play and it still crashes on me sometimes. Plus, with the 2nd gen touch's processor, the game runs pretty choppily and I spend most of my time waiting for my opponent to move.