Game-a-week Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by LCDDreams, Apr 18, 2013.

1. LCDDreams

LCDDreams Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    #1 LCDDreams, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

Hey TA fans!
    In preparation for the upcoming release of EMO, we are starting a weekly contest in which we’ll be giving away a free game to one lucky winner! Games awarded will be either for mobile (iOS and/or Android) or PC (Windows and/or Mac).

So how do I win, you say? Just follow these simple steps:

1) Between 12:01am PDT on Thursday and 11:59pm PDT on Friday of each week, go to the Evil Master Overlord Facebook page and look for the Game Giveaway posting - it will be pinned to the top.
    2) Post a response telling us either why you like Evil Master Overlord or why you should win the game we’re giving away.
    3)That’s it!

After midnight on Friday night, we’ll randomly pick one of the respondents as the winner and announce on Facebook who it is by 12pm PDT on Saturday. The winner will then need to send a message to us from the Evil Master Overlord Facebook page to claim the prize. We’ll respond with claim information within 24 hours.

Good luck to everyone and feel free to suggest games or types of games you’d like us to give away!

Please see contest rules for additional information.

[Update] Check this list each week to see what we're giving away:
    Week 1: Antichamber
    Week 2: Portal bundle including Portal 1, Portal 2, and Portal 2: The Final Hours digital book
    Week 3: PC Zeboyo RPG bundle including Penny Arcade's On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness 3, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
    Week 4: iOS Lego Batman: DC Super Heroes plus mystery PC game
    Week 5: $10 iTunes gift card
    Week 6: $10 Amazon gift card
    Week 7: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    Week 8: Alan Wake Franchise (includes Alan Wake, Alan Wake's American Nightmare, and Alan Wake Collector's Edition Extras)
    Week 9: Batman: Arkham City
    Week 10: $10 iTunes gift card
    Week 11: $10 Amazon gift card
    Week 12: $20 Steam card
    Week 13: $10 Amazon card
    Week 14: $10 iTunes gift card
    Week 15: $10 Amazon card
    Week 16: $20 iTunes gift card
    Week 17: $10 Amazon card
    Week 18: $10 iTunes card
    Week 19: $10 itunes card
    Week 20: $10 Amazon card
    Week 21: $10 iTunes gift card
    Week 22: $10 Amazon gift card
    Week 23: $?? Amazon or iTunes gift card (# of likes determines amount, winner chooses type)
    Week 24: $10 iTunes gift card
    Week 25: $20 card - winner's choice of iTunes, Amazon, or Steam
    Week 26: Signed high res copy of one concept art image from the game
    Week 27: $60 gift card
    Week 28: HEX MMO TCG beta key

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Lol decided to post ahead of the contest to beat the rush :cool: I'll be back tomorrow,the Lego castle was cool

3. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Please note that you must respond to the game prize announcement post on the Facebook page to be qualified, not here. The announcement isn't up yet - that's what gets posted Wed. night/Thurs. morning.

And thanks for the interest! Ha, yeah, building the castle has been fun - used to be one of my favorite lego sets as a kid. It's not exactly emo, but it'll do...

4. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    #4 LCDDreams, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    Game of the week has been posted - this week it's the award winning Antichamber! It's like Portal on steroids. Go check out the EMO Facebook page!

5. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I'm in, once someone walks me through how to create a second, fake FB account ;)

6. Bone16

Bone16 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    Another thing pushing Facebook(sigh).

7. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Facebook is simply a good viral marketing tool. Easy and cheap to get the word out to the masses. We thought about using TA to run the contest, but not everyone is on TA. But don't worry - you won't need a FB account to play the game.

8. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    [​IMG]

This week's giveaway is a Portal bundle! Be eligible to win Portal 1, Portal 2, and Portal 2: The Final Hours (a digital book) for free just by responding to the Facebook announcement post.

Note you must have a Steam account to claim your prize.

9. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Cheers to the developer for using FB is a manner that doesn't encourage shilling for products one doesn't own.

I agree with you, FB can be an effective tool, much as some don't prefer it. Thoughtful, decent, honest developers like you help us keep it that way!

By giving players the opportunity to enter your contest with specific instructions allowing them to state why they would like to own the game, you keep things honest, and I really, REALLY wish other developers would keep this in mind, especially with so many complaining about people not bothering to leave reviews.

It's really hard to take reviews, FB, Twitter, etc. seriously when you know people are essentially being encouraged to pretend to enjoy something they don't own, or have just downloaded for a chance to win a new car, so THANK YOU for the specificity of your contest rules!

DBC

10. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks for your support! We're a decent, honest bunch of guys - sometimes too honest. :) We've also been in the industry in some form or another for years, so we understand what's needed for development, etc. and what users want. Hopefully we'll succeed on both fronts (and hopefully sooner rather than later :))

11. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    #11 LCDDreams, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    giveaway_16bitRPGs.jpg

This week's giveaway is a Zeboyo 16-bit style PC RPG triple play! Get Penny Arcade's On the Rain-slick Precipice of Darkness 3, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Breath of Death VII: The Beginning just by posting a response stating why you like EMO or why you should win the games!

Extra special this week: Win an EMO t-shirt (your choice of design - either the female EMO or the skeleton minion!

The person who does the most of the following (random pick in case of a tie) will win the shirt:
    - Like the EMO Facebook page
    - Share giveaway announcement Facebook post
    - Sign up for the EMO newsletter on www.evilmasteroverlord.com (when you sign up, be sure to use the same name you use here on Facebook)
    - Get your friends to sign up for the newsletter and then post their names in a response to the giveaway announcement Facebook post (you can post multiple responses)

Good luck!

[Edit] Just a note that we are only shipping the t-shirt to those in the US.

12. Game.PN

Game.PN Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Going to the prison called "School"
    Earth,Milky Way
    #12 Game.PN, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
    When you will give the prize?????

13. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    This week's contest isn't over yet. It ends at midnight tonight, PDT. Then we'll announce the winner tomorrow.

14. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    Any time when you'll announce like 9-A.M in the morning?

15. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Announcement has been made! Check the Facebook page for details.
    And keep an eye out for next week's giveaway!

16. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    Can you pm the gift card code I'm Allen Luis Alfonso

17. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    Hi Allen
    As I stated in the Facebook message, please provide your iTunes email address, so I can send you the gift certificate.

18. Game.PN

Apr 18, 2013
    Earth,Milky Way
    Ok pm you through here

19. LCDDreams

Jul 11, 2011
    Game Designer
    San Jose, CA
    [​IMG]

For this week's giveaway, we're trying some new ideas!

First, we're giving away an iOS game this time - Lego Batman: DC Super Heroes! This is a universal game, so it will work on iPhones, iPod Touches, and iPads.

Second, we're giving away a surprise PC game as well! You won't find out what it is until we announce the winner.

Third, instead of just posting a response to enter, you'll need to do something extra special. Check out the Facebook page for more info.

Finally, we're starting the contest a little earlier to give everyone more time to post.
    Good luck!

20. dihpadilha

dihpadilha Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    I posted like Dieyson França Padilha on Facebook :) thanks