Chances of Fire Emblem Ports?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ludka33, Feb 4, 2017.

1. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    So, with the release of Fire Emblem for ios, what do you all think the chances are of having Fire Emblem ports coming to ios? My wife would kill me for buying a 3ds just for a couple games, but I've been dying to play these games for a while now.

Dare I hope?

2. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    0%. That's not nintendos mobile goal. Their goal is to make money and push people who play the games on mobile to then buy them on nintendos consoles. Also, a 3DS isn't that much, espically during a sale.

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Short answer is, somewhere between zero and none, I suspect. Your best option would be to download an emulator. You can get a stable GBA emulator via the Build store at a $9.99 annual subscription. It works, and the service is legit. There are free ways to get GBA4IOS, but the certificate of authentication could be pulled at any time. Good way to see if you like the app, though.

As I wouldn't condone piracy, you should try to get hold of the physical cartridges for the GBA Fire Emblem games, stash them in a drawer somewhere, and then you can download the ROMs and play them guilt-free on iOS. The games translate very nicely with the GBA4IOS app. I think that's the nearest you'll get.

4. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    It's not the gba games I'm thinking of. I have those. It's specifically the two latest games for the 3ds.

As to the previous poster, 200-300 bucks for a handheld system just for 2 games is too much for me. Even if the sale is amazing and I can get one for 50 bucks, it still seems pretty steep. I guess I can hope... and wait. Maybe they'll port over to a new system eventually... or something.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #5 Montanx, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    0....point....0 chance. Chance of emulation eventually getting you able to play the latest ones? Decent.

Also you can snag a 3ds pretty cheap, just check craigslist, especially with the Switch coming out. Buy the games, play, then you can even resell the 3ds and the games after if you want. Would prob cost as much as a fancy meal and a night out after all said and done.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    This is what I plan on doing... Buying used from someone who has no interest in having a 3DS after the Switch is released... Maybe from someone who bought it only to play the few games I want to get (wouldn't that just be too ideal, though?) =oP

Until then... I've got the old versions banging around in a box somewhere. This F2P release has made me want to dig them out...
    Actually... I should be doing that instead of posting here... =oP

7. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Yeah, as others have said, zero chance. As long as Nintendo is selling their hardware, they will likely never release any of their full games elsewhere. Those games are pretty much the only reliable selling point they have left.

8. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    If you have a decent PC, PS4, or XBOX One I would suggest XCOM 2. It's far superior to Fire Emblem as far as gameplay and strategy goes. Just beat XCOM 2 today on veteran on my second go around. Can't wait to start over on commander difficulty.

9. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    I'm playing it currently on my Xbone! It is, indeed, the knees of the bees. I wanted the FE games for ios more for mobility. Much like I loved XCom EW for my ipad.

I'll take folks advice and look for someone willing to sell their 3ds on the cheap. I have someone in mind, too. If not, I'll give ebay a go. I won't go back to craigslist, though. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Thanks for the advice, all!

10. paolopingol

paolopingol Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    IT Programmer/Digital Arts
    Possible if Nintendo realizes that the fans are willing to spend on this game, they might port other Fire Emblem games on iOS. That's why support it. :)