Civilization Revolution or The Settlers?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by INateYou, Jul 13, 2010.

1. INateYou

INateYou Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I've tried playing both of them so far and find them really confusing, but I really want to learn how to play them. Before I do though, I want to know which one is better and more worth it to learn how to play.

2. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    that really is a matter of opinion :)

i'd say Civ Rev personally, but i expect other opinions shortly !

3. dxfan101010

dxfan101010 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    this should be in the mass what should i get thread but id choose Civ.Rev

4. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I would also say Civ Rev.

5. INateYou

INateYou Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I didn't put it in the what should I get thread since I already have both. I'm just asking which is the better one to learn to play. Looks like civ is better. Wish the graphics were like the settlers though.

6. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    yes def civ...their coming out with civ 5 soon!

7. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    I played Civ. Rev. and did not really understand it at all. I played a 4-5 hour game and won,.. but I didn't feel like I did anything strategic.. I guess I need to read a manual. The game felt fairly polished but there isn't a very good manual in game.

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I would go with Civilisation Revolution. But if you're a beginner at these games, then get Robocalypse.

9. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    Just take Civiliztion revolution !! The best strategy game ever for iphone

Also if you dont trust me ,go check lites versions for both.

10. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Looks like a landslide victory for Civ Rev, which would be my choice too. I just got the Settlers in the last Gameloft sale though, and for 99 cents it is quite good as well.

11. briansanderson

briansanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Civ Rev without question.

12. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    I would actually go for the Settlers. Aside from a couple bugs, it is a fantastic game that focuses on recreating a town-and every detail is taken to account. For example, to get gold, silver, iron, and sulphur, you have to spawn miners. But the miners need axes, which are made of wood and metal, so you will also ned a woodcutter and an iron smith. The miners also need bread and fish. The fish is easy-just set up a small fisherman by the river. But for bread, you have to grow the wheat, mix it with water, and run it through the bakery. Each of these jobs require a different building. The level of realism is astounding, and I am really enjoying the game

13. Juicebox_R

Juicebox_R Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I prefer Civ Rev but the problem is that the AI sucks horribly. Each game can take a long time but halfway through the game you will probably reach a point where no matter what the AI does you can't be beaten. So after that point it's basically just slowly grinding the AI down which can get extremely boring.

14. DAM0

DAM0 Member

Jun 13, 2010
  15. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    Civilisation Revolution has very stupid AI. Settlers are more challenging.

16. Mlw209

Mlw209 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    A little off topic... but is there any news on a Civ 5 iPhone game?

My friend owns Civ Rev on the iPhone, and it is alright, but I felt like it could be better. Graphics anyone?