Must read Peter und Vlad

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Raven, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    #1 Raven, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    Hi all, this just in !!!

Sic (Waward) better known as the king of Peter und Vlad has just shattered his own record and doubled it!!! The previous record thought to be only touchable by the god him self has disproved.

We at Dexoris are just blown away by the success of the game and how people are getting so high scores.

Sic is now in a leaque of his own, ArtNJ was closing in on him so he just took of!!!

Congratulation to Sic (Waward) and ArtNJ you have tread where no only few dare.

But especially Sic (Waward) for reaching to hights we have never seen, not even developers of the game have gotten past 520.000
    To put this into perspective Sic (Waward) doubled his previous record to an astonishing 880100

Congrats to all the people who are adding to their scores, it's getting harder and harder getting into the elite 20-30 group even harder to reach 10-20 (scores ranging from 162300-200600) and 1-10 it's exceptional (211100-880100)

Any suggestions or discussion about the game would be fun. Hope you enjoy the game as much as we do.

Best

Raven

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Wow!!!

I missed tht price drop to Free :(
    Any clue if it is going to happen again :eek: ?

3. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    very good game.. teh efx/grfx are great. and teh game is just balanced perfectly..

major game!!!

4. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    I'ts only $1.99

Price drop is not something that will happen soon. A lot of people are playing the game so I don't think there is a reason for it yet.
    :)

5. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    haha i was surprised this thread is about me getting the highscore. :D Thanks Raven!

When I was playing for that highscore, i got to a really bad start, at around 200,000 almost 10 sheep were eaten by the machine. Leaving me with only a few mistakes left. I havent able to use the panic buton because I used it too early in the game, so that left me with no choice but let the poor group of sheep get eaten. But I kept on playing and was surprised when I look at my score its nearly 500.000. I was excited 'cause that beats my previous highscore, 490,000+. I was pretty pessimistic that anytime soon it will be game over. But I was getting better, there were times the machine will come but i have herd all of the sheeps, so it will go away imediately. at around 800,000 the machine moves really fast, eating about 3-5 sheeps per round leaving me with little time to save them.

And that was it. I thought ill be able to go to a million score points. As of thos time its still pretty impossible to get to that point. last i played I only got to about 700,000. Again, a bad start for me at around 100,000 and pre-mature use of the panic button. :)

ArtNJ is getting pretty good. I know he can beat me someday. But not that easily. :)

Thanks!

6. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Sic you are the KING!!!

Your just not human hahaha.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have not been playing much lately (and have probably played the game less then 30 total times), so I'm not real sure whats possible for me yet. I assume I can go a bit higher at least.

Not at all sure about getting close to Sic though!

8. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yeah, i keep trying to save my panic button, but invariably a big group of sheep build up and as i am trying to get them to the barn, the machine comes and i am forced to press the big red button or suffer big losses

9. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    #9 sic, Oct 22, 2009
    i actually played this game at exactly 30 times based on the number of scores i have on Agon. I play it once a day, only playing it multiple times if im not satisfied with my score. I got my number 1 rank (400,000+) at around my 10th - 15th playthrough.

@Devil, It's ok to use the panic button early in the game when you feel you'll really lose a lot of sheep. i usually hit that button at around 100,000 mark (still early) and it doesnt mean it'll be game over very soon when you have no panic button..

I dont really know how to describe the right technique why i get a highscore. i think it's on how you herd the sheep properly and being very fast, starting to group the sheep located on the far left, squeezing them through the tiny spot between the trees ('cause if you dont they'll break off), then just run towards the far top right straight away as soon as you're past the middle tree and herd the other group there. so you have two groups. one that you left behind (group 1) near the tree and the other at the right side (group 2), concentrate herding group 2 because even though you left group 1, they will follow group 2. and that strategy saves you time. i suck at explaining things especially when it needs to be in english but i hope you get what i mean. :D

so, it's ok to leave some sheep behind, running back to get them to regroup will put so much time so just ignore them. just get back to them and form a new group. sometimes sheep will have tantrums and will get wild or crazy and completely uncontrollable, the first thing one tends to do is get away from that sheep, but it only follows you! dont leave the group, they will scatter and follow the sheep with the tantrums. so just ignore it once gain :D

thecurrentgamer.com actually asked me to write them a strategy guide and they will post it on their site. Of course I accepted the offer. I just hope I am more of a good english speaker so it won't be confusing for the readers.

10. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    i think what you're saying makes sense...basically you're saying herd the sheep on the left to the lower left towards the barn and then break off and concentrate on getting the sheep on the right to the barn and the original group on the left should follow the right hand group into the barn

lol, let me know if that does not sound right

11. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    yeah you got it right. pretty much:

on the map you can see there's a tree just right above the center of the map and some trees at the very top. that's where you wanna squeeze in the group. i know its a small space but that's the point, because the sheep wont go through that center tree, they will try to avoid that. that really helps. you can guide them at the much bigger space below the center tree but it's a lot of work. you always wanna make your way at the edges of the screen.

I wish i can record myself playing the game. but i have no video cam.

whew. :) goodluck to all players. You can do it!

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #12 ArtNJ, Oct 22, 2009
    I just had a 598k in progress game that was lost due to the iphone powering down at 0% battery. Doh! I am fairly sure I'll be able to duplicate it, as I only played 2-3 games after my 404k before this one.

I was not aware of a strategy to aim them between the trees, not conciously at least. I'll look at that.

The thing to realize is that you can put the machine off quite a long way if you keep a fairly steady flow of sheep going in. So dont try to do too much, accept that your herding in a smaller group and not going all the way to the far left ever time. Also, realize that if you have the sheep moving to the gate, you dont always need to stay until every last sheep is in. Get them moving and close, and head to your next round-up...if one or two sheep decides not to go in, you'll get them next time. Worrying about the bonus multiplier is a good way to score less. Seriously. I will go only slightly out of my way for an orange mushroom, and only if I think its safe to do that. I use short strokes, much like the video that was posted on youtube of a guy getting 280. Sometimes its ok to largely go straight at sheep...one or two might go nuts, but not the main group you are trying to herd...you ignore the nuts ones and keep the main group moving. Also, you have to know when to sit and wait a 1/2 second...many times the sheep will move in the right way for you if you are patient.

As Kenny Logins once sang about poker, you have to know when to hold em, when to fold em, know when to walk away and know when to run. That more or less translates into sheep herding apparently. Mastering it mainly takes practice. No strategy guide can say all that much more then Sic and I have already said.

13. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    I am sure you can duplicate that score! :D I actually want you to beat me, to get me to play again. Ever since i got 800,000 almost a week ago (?) i only played once ever since. I might actually play again later.

You're actuallyy right with everything you said especially the "dont try do so much" part.

I still have two achievements left, the "secret" where you have to keep Peter hold his breath for 5 years and dont let a sheep get eaten in a year.

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i dont like this game much
    may have something to do with the fact i suck at it!

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

im glad i got this for free

16. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines
    Ok i played it again, got 985,000+ points. ugh a few thousand points short for getting to a million. :/

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I strongly suspect the game stops getting harder around 300k, when the sheep meter breaks. My high scores consistently jumped by 20 or 30k (with maybe a "bad" game or two in between) until about 280, then started exploding. I have a game I just put down thats in progress that I have 500k.

I am not sure infinite play is at all possible, but one of us will definitely break 1 million if we keep at it.

18. sic

sic Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Philippines

I may have to observe that. maybe because the more sheep the easier it gets to herd them? im really having a bad start always because everything is so slow, the sheep just walks even though you walk so near to them, etc.

19. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    From left to lower left

Really, do you heard the sheep from top left to bottom left to the barn? I always try to get them to the top right corner and then down...

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    This is what I do too. Of course, my top score is still much lower then Sic's. Just posted a 502k...man I thought I was going to do better then that!