Metal topic? (partly for Booch)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Balu`, Oct 19, 2010.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yeah my parents tell me not to play music through speakers (they don't like my style of music anyhow) at night.

I once used to play songs through the phone speakers placed near my pillow and that sounded like crap. :(

*Edit: why does Zodijackyl Light sound so good!?

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    That's when you kick em in the teeth and tell them that you run the show. Then you ask them for more lunch money for the week. rofl. jk of course.

Yeah playing music through the phone/device speaker is garbage. hahaahah.

Because it is so good? That's my favourite song on that album, next to Hedon and Insanity's Crescendo.

3. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    @Balu` Listened to the song. While I am not familiar with "My Brightest Diamond", I am familiar with the work that Worden did with Sufjan Stevens, as I like him very much. She can sing great, as long as I don't have to look at her. I found myself increasingly disgusted with her vocals while watching her perform them. A difficult task, and while she is not ugly, she is distracting. I have spoken.

Anyways, the music itself was interesting as well. A very peculiar sound. I wasn't a huge fan, but I did enjoy the song. When she started to sing I was like "I recognize that voice from somewhere..." and a little wikipedia research shows that I have heard her before. Just didn't care to go into detail about who she was or anything lol.

4. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Lol I tend to do the opposite :D. $$$ first, then tell them to get outta my room and watch boring drama TV shows XD XD XD.

The other two songs you mentioned didn't make any lasting impressions on me -_-;

Btw did you listen to Descending - New Death Celebrity?

@Balu
    Recommend me some prog album with catchy melody/chorus/vocals/whatnot. I feel like some cleans today...

5. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    #4985 Balu`, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
    At night I mostly listen to ambient/post-rock/neofolk or some acoustic stuff, sand I doubt many people would have a problem with those. :X

The use of the word disgusted really surprised me, but we are different...
    I do love this kind of sound, and I think I liked this song because here, this style feels.... natural. And that's rare.
    Anyway, I found this song on a metal reviews blog (you can imagine how surprised I was :Đ), never heard of her before.

@gunxsword (other post): I'd post some, but I'll be sleeping in just a few minutes, and I'm already too tired to even write a half-decent English sentence. I'll make up for this tomroow, and believe me, I could post hundreds of songs like that. .x

6. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Wrong. It's a proven fact that of all music genres, people hate ambient, post-rock, neofolk, and other acoustic stuff the most. Everyone likes Britt-Pop. Let the record be known.

More or less a joke, I wasn't disgusted with her vocal sound in any way shape or form... unless I am looking at her. I like my women who sing to be somewhat attractive, like this looker:

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though, I would have been just as shocked to hear that suggested from a metal forum. People underestimate us metal-heads. Think that just cause we listen to metal, or it's many sub-genres, that we don't take kindly to other types of gorgeous music... well except for GxS, he doesn't listen to anything good except Melodic/Tech Death ;)

Listened to the first two songs, and downloading the entire album now. Pretty fantastic stuff if you ask me. Not the best, but I really do like it. Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Listen to that "Within the Ruins" song?

7. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    LOL! Hell is unleashed upon Balu`! XD

@!$!#^???
    Hey I like symphonic/folk as well! >.< I just don't enjoy anything that doesn't have fast/fancy/speedy/epic guitar/symphonic/drum/bass/instrument work. Guess technicality in music is a very important factor for me.

Definitely not the best, not after listening to DT... (even they're not the best...)

Yes and deleted. Instrumental songs from non-instrumental albums usually sound uninteresting for the most part... Nice initial riff but the rest sounds very... random.
    The album is ok... 5 songs out of original 11 remains in my library. Those that remain are enjoyable though.
    ^
    Love 'Behold the Harlot' chorus guitar riff.

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    hahahaha I know I was totally being a smart-ass if you couldn't tell. Really going through some rough ass shit in my life atm, and I guess masking my extreme amounts of pain with humour is how I deal with it. >.<

9. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Ah what -_-'
    That would've been a fairly entertaining fact to spread around...

You do sound like you're in a hell lotta trouble/pain/rough period of life... I deal with that stuff by ignoring them or resolving them asap... can almost say I'm outta stuff to worry about :D
    *no not really +_+

10. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Get married, spend 5 years with her, have a handsome, smart, insanely clever child with her, and then end up having her want to abandon your family entirely and you just might be where I am at. :(

On the plus side of things, I don't have like... Aids or something.

11. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    @_@
    What went wrong?

12. kearnel

kearnel Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Swansea, UK
    I don't stress or worry bout anything, but then I'm fked in the head, lol

13. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    :ĐĐ
    On a more serious note, if people can enjoy noisy shit like Radiohead, I doubt they could call a.. let's say Explosions in the Sky song ugly. :x

I don't think she is ugly or anything.. just a little unusual looking. :Đ

You meant to say, that he doesn't listen to anything good. ^^
    Anyway, true, though there are many people out there, who limit themselves to a genre or two, some idiotic black metal fans.

14. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    @$^#????

Not like your music have any quality in them! :p

I can't imagine how people manage to keep 160+ death metal albums in their music libraries. A lot of the dm albums start to sound the same, or very similar after a while.

15. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    :ĐĐ

Same here.. but isn't it the same with... some sub-genres of death metal? Like, melodeath?^^

16. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Bands sound different enough from each other. Plus, two melodies never sound the same XD.

Prog rock:
    Start, slow, start, slow, bridge, start, end. <- repeat ad infinitum :rolleyes:

Ambient/post rock
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ <- slow, monotonous drone ;)

17. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    So, prog rock, maybe the most creative rock-based genre out there (except the avant-garde ones) is less complex than.. melodeath? This argument makes no sense whatsoever. >.<

And.. umm.. no. :>

18. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Just joking ofc ^_^. I know they're better than that XD
    Btw melodeath (and tech) are the more melodically complex and innovative genres of music. You have to admit that :-D

Anyway... your recommendations from yesterday? Preferably some prog rock with power metal elements that sound like Ivory Tower.

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I know some Proggish Metal with some Power Metal elements. Meet your favourite Christian band:

20. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yet to listen to the song yet but WTH 22:31!?!?!? O_O