AppStore shutdown thread. Post current observations here!

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Syndicated Puzzles, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Syndicated Puzzles

Syndicated Puzzles Well-Known Member

We didn't do this last year, but it would be really nice if everyone would share their observations here. ( for the period the store is closed)

A place to find out current information since the store does behave very radical during the shut down. This will save everyone a lot of time and aggravation.

Examples

1. The charts seem to be frozen right now.

2. Sales reports are actually available this morning.

3. The charts are going crazy right now my app is now number one...

Whatever it might be, this info is very useful to all developers.

2. blitter

blitter Well-Known Member

My first impression waking up today is: We all did the same thing and things like AppShopper are still catching up? My second impression was that the email which reads that things close *from* the 22nd was a typo!

3. HeliApps

HeliApps Well-Known Member

Yes, I for one certainly thought the 21st was the last day before close at midnight. I guess for next year I am going to take it as the Thursday is the last day of business.

4. Syndicated Puzzles

#4 Syndicated Puzzles, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    Sales reports for the 21 of DEC are up ( possibly the last one for a while)

Remember last year that reports did show up randomly after a few days. (not a complete shutdown for the entire week)

Apps are still sliding around at the moment. Getting pushed off a list this late in the game is going to be painful.

5. Arty Tales

Arty Tales Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    EU
    I thought the same and was quite surprised to see everything running and an application enter review today.

6. Syndicated Puzzles

Amazing news. I still have a chance then to get two apps approved today.

7. Syndicated Puzzles

Today is also Thursday so we might get a new list of featured apps as well. Our app Login HD on the Mac App Store is a real contender.

8. Arty Tales

Arty Tales Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    EU
    One new app just got accepted!

9. IntrinsicGames

IntrinsicGames Well-Known Member

Nice! I thought we were cutting it quite close with our update.

Do you guys expect the rankings to freeze in place again this year, or will there continue to be movement during the shutdown?

10. Arty Tales

Arty Tales Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    EU
    I am pretty sure there was movement in the rankings last year and am expecting the same this year.

11. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CEO,Programmer,Uh.. All Thing [ one-man Company :)
    #11 Gguo, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
    at last year, ranking was frozen and also roll-backed to August 30th~Sep 2th frequently. but I think it will not happen again :)

12. Syndicated Puzzles

#12 Syndicated Puzzles, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
    Thursday night 8:00 (West Coast) Apple is still at it approving and processing apps. I have one app "Ready For Sale" At 7:03 pm still not live on the store yet. Utilities and starts with a C so it might actually stick if it makes it into the store shortly. It has to make it come on! 8:12 now.

Just went live in the US 9:50 PM

I think that might be it? The time capsule (hopefully is sealed)

13. Syndicated Puzzles

Closed sign is hanging up in iTunes . Of course I forgot to grab promo codes.

14. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Has anyone noticed that the Top Free and Release Date list in each category is inaccessible on the mobile app store? Either it's a bold strategy by Apple to increase holiday sales spike, or my app store is just glitched.

15. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Could be just a glitch on your part (or your country's app store). On the US App Store it's working fine...

16. Syndicated Puzzles

Are the Mac App store charts moving?

I have checked my apps on the Mac Store and nothing seems to be moving up or down the charts? ( Last 5 hours)

17. Gguo

Gguo Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    CEO,Programmer,Uh.. All Thing [ one-man Company :)
    Yes. IMHO It is frozen about 18 hours.

18. Arty Tales

Arty Tales Active Member

Dec 22, 2011
    EU
  19. Syndicated Puzzles

Arty Tales thanks for providing the link. Was slowly feeling app store with drawl symptoms. Having the rankings frozen and no access to itunes connect, makes this secret passageway a real breath of fresh air.

For iLifeTouch the 23rd and 24th was 20 % above normal. But the 25 was almost 6 times our normal sales. Awesome bonus that is going right back into Apples pocket. We are buying two new iMacs.

Is everyone else up ?

20. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    We had our highest ever paid sales on Christmas Day, up about 60% over Christmas Day last year.

Not bad considering a large part of our portfolio is now free to play ad supported titles (ad revenues were also up for us Christmas Day, though only a modest amount).