Ancient Legion - Tips/Tricks/Strategy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Mr. Charley, May 6, 2009.

1. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Ok, I've decided to start a new thread about Ancient Legion where we can discuss (as the title states) any tips/tricks/strategy and hints..

What race/class are some of you going to choose and why?

2. digitalfun

digitalfun Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
  3. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Too bad no one has anything to provide yet! :)

I can start....
    Don't go to sleep while training!
    This just unbalances your skill and you'll wake up to more "red" skills as opposed to "green".

I've decided to be a barbarian warrior. I'm vicious at heart, what can I say... :)
    No one wants to share what race they're going to be and why?

Also, the 5th mission asks for a number by pigeon....what's the frickin' number if not 14?

4. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Is this another iMafia type of game? :confused:

5. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Not even close.
    A real game, no spamming for friends codes.
    TONS of stuff to do, so much it's scary.

6. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    So what is the gameplay like? i'm a big rpg/mmorpg fan. I like to see my character(s). Travel through a vast world/different environments. See battle animations etc... Im not into iMafia/Epic Petwar type of gameplay whatsoever.

7. Ethansdad

Ethansdad Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    GodSon, in that way, Ancient Legion IS like the iMafia type games. It is a mostly text based RPG, with static pictures etc. - so if you're not into those types of games, this game is not for you.

That said, it is also very different from the majority of the iMafia games out there. For starters - this game is deep. Very, very deep. If you love creating your characters in Dungeons and Dragons and want to control every aspect of a dozen (or more) attributes, want to equip items in each hand and balance using a spell over holding a potion - this game has what you are looking for. On the one hand it seems to be lacking some customization - I haven't yet seen how you indicate your sex or race - but you do choose professions and the level of detail of your character stats is beyond anything else I've seen in these types of games.

Also the quests are notable in that they play like the old 'Choose you own adventure' books. Each quest has multiple paths, some of which lead to failure, some to various levels of success.

There is a lot going on in this game. I can tell it's got an existing user base - lots of people who know what they're doing and are willing to help. But at the same time, it's almost too much for me. Don't get me wrong, I give them lots of credit - this is not a skimpy game. It just may not be the right one for me. That said, I plan to continue to mess around with it for a few days, but these are my initial impressions after a couple of hours play.

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thanks for the in depth info. I am a fan of D&D(enjoyed D&D tactics for psp) but i am also a very visual person as far as gameplay goes to keep me entertained for hours as far as an mmorpg/rpg goes; and i am still hoping for a game like that to emerge. i'm glad to see someone finally is raising the bar in those type text based rpg's but i think i will pass. Again thanks for the heads up!!! :)

9. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    #9 Mr. Charley, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    On the first screen upon load up once you hit the "enter game" button or whatever is called, your picutre is there and under it is some option
    "character options" or something along those lines (doing it off memory).
    In there, you can choose picture to indicate race and further tweaking of your character stuff.
    Something like that...

edit:
    It's challed "edit profile" right under the picture...

10. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Thanks for those tips Fabio!

I have a question to everyone who's playing right now...
    When you fight/challenge someone, do you look to challenge someone at the same number as you? Example. I have 150 points, I scroll until I find someone with 150 points, or do you challenge someone with 500 points?
    Just wondering...

11. Fabio Sarracino

Fabio Sarracino New Member

May 7, 2009
    If you have for example 150 points you can challenge all the heroes (also who have 500 points), because YOU CAN SEE ONLY the heroes in your level. However, is likely that a hero with more points is better prepared rather a hero with less points. A really interesting parameter is the percentage of victory of your rival.

Sorry for my english :eek:

Fabio

12. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Thanks again Fabio. No need to apologize, what you wrote makes complete sense. :)

13. BLB

BLB New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Cornelius Missions

I have been haunted by these missions for the last 24 hrs and my brain just exploded. Does anyone know the right answer to the 1st 2 Cornelius Missions?

Please save me from myself!

14. BLB

BLB New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Aha

I figured out the first one, still working on the 2nd!

15. Legodner

Legodner New Member

Jul 20, 2009
    NY,USA
    What was the answer:confused:

16. BLB

BLB New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Answers

I can't remeber off the top of my head. But the answers to all of the Cornelius missions can be found in the forum (in the game) under help I'm a newbie.