Which games are NOT compatible with iOS 5?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by curtisrshideler, Nov 22, 2011.

1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Would you guys please consider doing a feature article on incompatible games with iOS 5? I've been trying to play a few games I've purchased from big names like Telltale and Gameloft, and the games aren't compatible with iOS 5! These are big mobile developers and they should have their games prepared for the latest iOS releases. The two titles I'm currently waiting on are Puzzle Agent and NOVA. How in the world can the developers get away with selling us these games when they aren't even playable?!?

Their app descriptions list that an update is on it's way, but that's been in the description for weeks... about the same amount of time we've had iOS 5! Don't they get the kit for iOS 5 before the public in order to prepare their catalogs for the update?

I just want to voice this and suggest a feature article because I imagine there are quite a few games and developers out there that aren't doing anything to fix the issue. And there are probably quite a few gamers frustrated about it. And I, for one, am tired of it going unnoticed!

Thanks for all your hard work and great writing, TouchArcade!

2. SteveW

SteveW Active Member

Sep 19, 2011
    So far the only one I noticed is Royal Envoy, it crashes on level 6. They have been working on an update I hear...

3. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    First off, a disclaimer that Great Little War Game works fine on iOS 5.

We all had access to early beta's, but a beta is a beta. We get the final release the same time you do. You must also understand that Apple takes about a week to approve an update, so there'll be no "instafixes". Some bugs can take a long time to find and stomp and then you might need another QA pass to make sure you didn't break anything else.

And of course some developers just don't care as much as others. We've always been highly proactive with this sort of thing but that's sadly not the case everywhere. And often worse with the bigger organisations. Support your indies! :)

Finally, updating some hobby project is no big deal, but when you have a million paying customers with a working game, it's suicide to release a buggy update and have all those people rise up at once.

I don't think iOS5 requirement can be filtered yet.

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  5. AENIGMA

AENIGMA Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2011
    NY
    #5 AENIGMA, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    - Mini Fighter 1 (by CJ Internet Corp.) - Crashes after 1st logo.

- Tappi Bear All in 1 (by Taplay Limited) - Works fine on iPad 2, but on iPod Touch 4G the game "Tap Tap Jump (05)" crashes the app when you get a game over.

- Eternity - Garden Of Heaven (by NJ Inc.) - They removed the app from the store after iOS 5 was released? The main menu was a white screen with leaves blowing around.