W.E.L.D.E.R. 1.1 massive update now available with $1.99 holiday sale!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Britt, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Britt

Britt Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    game developer
    New York City
    Hey all,
    We are super excited to announce that 1.10 of W.E.L.D.E.R. is now available. We have been up late finishing all these new features, mostly highly requested from our fans.

-New Sandbox Mode: Play with infinite swaps and see how high a word score you can achieve
    -New Broken Challenge: Try to clear 10 levels of broken tiles
    -Now restart the game from the last level you lost on; no more need to restart from level 1
    -3 new levels added to the main game; are you up for the challenge?
    -Undos added to the game! Shake the device to undo your last move.
    -New "Apocalypse Swap" added: wipe out the board once per level for a new set of tiles
    -Look up allowed words directly from the game; no more guessing to see if W.E.L.D.E.R. allows your word or not
    -New leaderboards and achievements
    -Other enhancements and stability fixes

Enjoy!! Thanks for playing!

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Very nice update list!

3. Britt

Britt Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    game developer
    New York City
    Hey everyone!! We have a new trailer for the 1.1 update. Enjoy!!

4. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    dunno but... after the update, i can't even get to the menu... welder crashes constantly for me now :(

5. Britt

Britt Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    game developer
    New York City
    Hey,
    We have found a few other people with this issue, and deleting iCloud data for WELDER from the iCloud settings (under "Manage Storage") has generally fixed it (but not always, as in Drexiel's case, we are working on that!). The vast majority of our users have had no issues updating at all.

We are tracing back the source of the issue with iCloud and app launching, and we also have a 1.1.1 update ready and in Apple's hands at the moment that will provide an assortment of little fixes as well.

We are very quick to respond to support issues on our forum: http://weldergame.com/forum/ if anyone needs help with anything!

Thanks for playing everyone!! Enjoy the Broken Challenge!

6. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    I dont use iCloud stuff (only one iDevice, might start using for IB2 and stuff like that) and I've had no issues...just as a FYI, and just plugging WELDER cuz its one of my favorite games and one I always go back to. Now that there are more modes and seemingly more incoming....its definitely never leaving my device (hasnt since i got it on launch day)

7. cmueller

cmueller New Member

Mar 4, 2010
    High Word Score

I've been playing in the sandbox mode (no limits to swaps) today and have twice gotten a word score of 11534336 (8-letter word, all x4 letters). I suspect it's possible to do a bit better, but that will wait for another day - or someone else.

For the record, the words were: CONTEXTS and FROCKING.

8. cmueller

cmueller New Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Just played ZOMBIISM (also all 4x letters) for 13107200. I'm really curious how others have fared.

9. QuietLeni

QuietLeni New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    How do you finish the Sandbox game?

Dear Welder Developers,

How do I finish the Sandbox game, so that I can then show others my best score?

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #10 Royce, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    You can't finish a sandbox game. It's endless. The only sandbox leaderboards are for highest word score and number of words welded, neither of which requires you to finish a game.

11. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    On sale again!! 99c