Dead Trigger by Madfinger Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LBG, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Im just wondering if we will ever see Shadowgun: Deadzone(multiplayer)? :confused:

Been waiting on that one for awhile now. Hopefully Madfinger will answer this.....

2. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    Later....

3. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    :rolleyes:

Thanks for the insight.

4. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    This was a few posts down ;)

5. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Hádám, že to na iPodu 4G s 256MB RAM nepojede, správně?

6. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Maybe the dev can shed some light on what the newer iOS devices might expect from this game. I can say from the way shadowgun plays on my ipad3 I think we will get a good chunk of the effects seen in that you tube video of dead trigger. I can't believe where mobile gaming is going

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    We should easily get all. iPad 3's gpu killed tegra in benchmarks that used identical resolution.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I can tell you one thing: water effects will be the last thing in my mind while I'm blasting zombies in the face ;).

9. Mhunt190

Mhunt190 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    USA
    It would be the last thing ok my mind to, but I still like amazing eye melting graphics while I blow zombies faces off...

10. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth

Agreed. Honestly I could care less about rain and water effects. It would be nice to have them....but at the end of the day as long as the game looks good and plays well like Im sure it will, Ill be happy.

11. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #71 ironsam80, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    Yeap, but don't forget that iPad 3's resolution killed gpu power :( If the new iPad had smaller resolution we could play games 3 times better than Tegra... For now i hope if the devs cannot brings these effects to iPad 3 (at least) full res, give us an option (like GL plan to do for NOVA 3) to select a full retina version or a scale down version with full effects.
    If they ll bring these effects to similar resolution tegra devises then i think we could see this stuff also to iOS... Otherwise maybe Madfinger they are more trained to Tegra specifications.

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Maybe, but I dislike having my device's full power being wasted. Put it to good use amazing me. If this is what the dinky tegra can do, just imagine what the a5x can do :D

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The resolution makes the gpu power slightly below a5. But it still has double the ram, which doesn't go towards the extra pixels.

Yes, me too, I'm hoping for a toggle to turn retina on and off like GL is promising for nova 3. Heck, I'm surprised nova even runs at a stable framerate with retina on.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Sanaku said that nvidia pays guys to go out and train developers on how to use the full potential of tegra 3.

15. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Then you can play DOOM Classic... Is already available on the Appstore :) Just kidding.. I agree that if the game is good we can live without some special effects... But for the newest devices is a pity not to play and show us all these cool stuff... After all we are in 2012... we want the ''whole package'' ;)

P.S: I am not sure if a cut down (for the effects) iOS version will have so mind blowing zombie head explosions... Anyway will see....

16. ironsam80

Dec 14, 2010
    Yeap this is my concern... This a strategy that Nvidia uses to promote their stuff (with awesome games results) and to make it more ''friendly'' to the developers... Anyway... will see... I think from Monday that Madfinger will be active to the forum (i hope) will get some answers.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Awesome head explosions is why this game exists in the first place: there are plenty other zombie shooting games in the marketplace. Assuming that the A5 version doesn't have "the Tegra 3 effects", it's almost certain that the game experience will be pretty much equivalent. There are many (many) more A5/A5X devices in the marketplace than Tegra 3 devices, and you can be sure that Madfinger will use their primary marketing advantage (cutting-edge graphics and smooth gameplay) to the fullest for their biggest potential audience.

As an aside, I can't remember any fancy water effects in Left-4-Dead. Perhaps they were there, but what sticks with me is the awesome shooting and the super-intense gameplay. If Dead Trigger can deliver on those, I'm sure I'll be very, very happy.

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'm hoping for co-op. Honestly, that's more important to me that eye candy, though I do want those, too. Any way, this'll be an instabuy from me on day 1 :D

19. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Yeah, to me some of the most awesome moments in Left4Dead were when you were completely surrounded by huge mobs of zombies. Not sure how well the game would run if there were L4D size mobs in Dead Trigger. I'm suspecting more of a CoD zombies experience from this game.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    #80 squarezero, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
    From what I gather there's going to be a single player campaign, so I would expect Dead Trigger to go far beyond CoD:Z's survival experience. From the video, I see a mash-up of Left4Dead and Dead Rising (the main character even looks a bit like the guy from DR2).

Let me add one thing: what you describe from L4D is precisely why I enjoy that game far more than CoD:Z. In CoD, if you ever find yourself surrounded by zombies like that it's game over. In L4D you can actually shoot your way out an encounter like that, and it's just exhilarating to get so close to death and making it out okay. I hope that Dead Trigger can capture that feeling.