One Finger Death Punch Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sexy Pirate, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    #1 Sexy Pirate, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    Nvm.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Are there any other games with this left-right attack combat system? I really like these arcade-combat type games so im looking for more of them. So far these are the ones i know of:

Dragon Storm Heroes (full RPG hybrid similar to this, but a simpler combat system)
    Static Quest (also RPG hybrid)
    Bitti Taro - Bitti Cubbi
    Shadow Hunter+
    Weak Warrior

Let me know if you know of anything else that's similar. Thanks

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Barrel Buster, your attacking barrels.

4. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Vitalick is very similar from what I've played. Control wise anyway.

5. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    More accurately, they DID ruin mobile gaming about two years ago, and now we're stuck with them forever.

Stamina, "legal" gambling (because it's for fake items) with a 1% chance of a rare drop, premium currency for new combat forms and mid-stage resurrections ... that IS the majority of mobile gaming.

The entire game was rewritten to have all of those "features," not to mention obtrusive ads that will sometimes start playing every other stage. I can deal with an energy system and limited periods of play time. I can even work around the "spend 30 currency for a random A or S rank equipment" which means only spenders will inevitably prosper. But full screen pop-ups that may or may not show up after any battle? That's where I draw the line.

Much like console games cost $60 and have the audacity to strip content out and charge $30 for a "season pass" of Day One DLC, mobile games make more money by being "free" and getting hundreds of dollars out of whales than they would with a $4.99 price tag.

Both things are ridiculous, but these are the times we live in.

6. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    1) The bubble of terrible freemium models will pop eventually,more and more people are hating such freemium models every day.

2) Just remember one thing - good freemium game is a freemium game where spending money is not necessary,where dedication,spending your time on the game is equal to spending money in that same game,if it is not like that then read 1) again.

3) Look on the bright side,there are freemium games with great freemium models,they are coming from honest developers that make "games" and not "milking machines",it's just we,the mobile users,are cursed with such freemium models,the only thing that you can do is just put 1 star review in AppStore.

4) There will always be premium games to play,most of the freemium games are strategies or puzzle games/MMOS (MMOS are pretty much supposed to be freemium,but of course they must be made with a good freemium model) ,it is almost impossible to make a successful freemium action/action rpg/rpg/stealth/etc game on mobile,because mobile freemium developers are aimed on CASH and that is it,it will not bring them anywhere but hell.

There are a lot of great freemium games on pc,made with nice freemium models.

Just remember that as long as you're supporting premium developers and disliking freemium games with awful models,sooner or later we'll rid of the "terrible freemium model curse".

There will always be good premium games and they will always exist,since nobody got enough time to play so many freemium games at the same time.

Eh,I guess that my post will be deleted again but still,just remember this.

7. snoopie

snoopie Member

Mar 12, 2015
    I have this game on steam. What about giving unlimited version to all steam game owners?

8. NetBad

NetBad Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Designer for Construction
    America
    I will try it

9. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG

its good that you know what you are loving instead of blind love. LOL

10. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #10 modus_ataraxia, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    I'm sorry that you still feel that asking nicely is how things in this industry are fixed. It's not.

These types of developers only care about their bottom line. They wouldn't make greedy models like this and ruin ports if they cared. The only way (the ONLY WAY) to get through to these types is overwhelming negative press, which directly contributes to loss of sales. When enough people voice their discontent about something, it gets featured on sites, on posts, and eventually, in major articles. Then, maybe, they take note, and then maybe, if the whales have dried up, they consider making changes.

I wish we could all get along, too, and that politeness was a way to get things done efficiently and correctly. But time and time again in the gaming industry, especially around mobile F2P, we've seen unanswered replies, non-existent or bad PR, and terrible results. That's just how it is now. We helped make this bed, now we have to lie in it. So yes, I am going to complain about how a game I really wanted to play was ruined when it finally came to a platform I own. And yes, I am going to poke fun at its flaws, because these decisions deserve to have them shown as they are.

When nobody has a loud enough voice on their own, yelling to get everyone else to yell is the only real constructive thing that can be done.

11. 64o

64o Member

Jul 7, 2014
    yelling might have an effect on the industry long term but i'm more interested in the short term of this game and others like it not being buried and forgotten because of people one starring based on a couple minutes play. am reminded of Phil Fish's comments a few years back. doubt the presence of IAP's would be as aggressive if it'd been a Western port studio. makes wonder what market they intended this for as having multiple currencies, play every day incentives and issues such aspect ratio smack of Eastern mobile game development. probably wait a few weeks, see if there's any word the devs, if not then just play on my Surface using GestureWorks

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Aaaaaand, the thread is officially derailed. Not disagreeing that these debates need to happen, but in going back and forth in this thread, has one message of any kind gone to the devs? Just curious....not pointing fingers.

13. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    This should seriously just officially be the new F2P rant thread and have all other similar whining moved here. People seem to enjoy that a lot more than the game itself.

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

15. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #15 Intendro, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    The game is worse because they took the original game and messed up the balance.

One poster discussed the various differences in the versions. Certainly useful things to know to decide which version to play. Completely relevant to the game.
    Why is that gone? :eek:

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yeah I agree.

Please everyone just try to keep comments relevant to the game and constructive, not spinning off into the doom and gloom of all gaming as we know it, or being insulting to others (including developers). Before you post think: "Does what I have to say contribute to the topic or is it some random thought that farted out of my head?"

If you ever get a wild hair to talk about something crazy just start a thread in general discussion. Once things devolve into "free to play is good this is why I'm right!" vs "free to play is bad and this is why I'm right!" shouting matches, the thread is basically doomed.

So just behave, and be decent to each other, and things will be just like Gryzzl.

[​IMG]

17. zerilos

zerilos Member

Dec 15, 2012
    #17 zerilos, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Honestly the only disrespectful behavior I saw happening was coming from mods (kudos for deleting it). We really weren't seeing a debate about F2P, but rather just outrage about the over-the-top monetization scheme in this one PC port. Potential buyers deserve to hear about it as do the developers who may be wondering why nobody is downloading the game (and why Apple isn't featuring it).

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Then you weren't actually reading the thread. There was a ton of long, drawn out off topic posts postulating the end of the gaming industry as we know if because of free to play. I will go quote them for you if you want, since apparently we're back to derailing this thread.

See, this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You just pulled this stuff out of your ass, it's spreading misinformation. So you KNOW FOR A FACT nobody is downloading this game? It's only been out a few days, but according to AppAnnie it has risen in ranks ever since it released in both overall games and the arcade category. So where did you get that information from?

So you KNOW FOR A FACT that Apple isn't featuring this game because it has a bad monetization scheme? Where are you getting that information? The iTunes features haven't even reset for the week yet (they should pretty much any minute now) so how do you know this?

This is the kind of crap that pisses me off. You aren't talking about the game, you're spouting random crap and passing it off as fact to fit your own narrative. If you can't please stop doing this, I would kindly ask you to just stop posting altogether.

19. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Chill man.
    You're losing your cool over a F2P mobile PC port on a mobile gaming forum over someone's opinion.

20. zerilos

zerilos Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Perhaps I’m talking about how the 2nd most positively reviewed Steam game ever still only has a handful of reviews and hasn’t cracked the top 150 free apps list. Perhaps I’m talking about how Apple always features major ports a day or two after their release; yet 4 days later you wouldn’t even know the game had been released if you didn’t notice it on TA (and yes this is a major port given its popularity and sales on Steam). Even Dungeon Keeper (another similar example) quickly rose to the top and was featured by Apple. Also, you guys panned DK for this very issue!
    Only a couple of comments here complained specifically about F2P, while the rest of us were more concerned with how they destroyed a great game in order to justified an insanely over-the-top monetization scheme. If you can’t even agree with that obvious fact, then you’re the one not paying attention. Again, if Square Enix had done the same thing with their FF ports, you’d be as outraged as the rest of us (I hope).
    I’m not even going to get back into who it is in this thread that is struggling to remain civil. I assume I’ll need to create a new account here shortly (which I will do). TA, IMHO, needs to remember which side its bread is buttered. Chastising and mocking readers who wish to express their legitimate outrage over this monstrosity is probably a good way to alienate your biggest fans.