What do you guys think about GAMELOFT

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sa66o6, Sep 16, 2009.

1. sa66o6

sa66o6 Member

Sep 4, 2009
    #1 sa66o6, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    Many peoples are saying that gameloft are just copying of another games.And this might be true,i mean they are really "inspired" of other console and pc games.
    bubble bash=bust a move(or puzzle bubble)
    asphalt 4/5=burnout
    real soccer=fifa/pes
    guitar rock tour=guitar hero/rock band
    hero of sparta=god of war
    let's golf=hot shots golf
    terminator salvation=a little bit like gow(gears of war)And one psp game
    dj mix tour=dj hero
    castle of magic=mario
    gangstar=gta
    modern combat=call of duty
    blades of fury=soul calibur
    nova=halo
    shreck kart=mario kart
    dungeon hero=diablo
    But you know what i think,i really don'tcare that they are not so original,as long as they give us such a great games.And gameloft are my favorite developers,and without them iphone/ipod would've never been the same!!!

2. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    I think theyre a good game developer and i will like them more if they update Modern Combat

3. iamnotpretending

iamnotpretending Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Marketing guy, developer
    Chicago
  4. sa66o6

sa66o6 Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I think they will do it about holiday time.They will add multiplayer.

5. Joshn

Joshn Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    England
    I like gameloft and have downloaded many of their games because of the graphics,gameplay and controlls, however gameloft do not know the meaning of originality imo. I think gameloft should realy have a go at being a bit creative ^^

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Best game developer, IMO. And who cares about originality? Gameloft's games tend to be based on games that are based on other games based on other games that are based on other games. Not much is original nowdays. All that really matters is the actual game itself.

7. tehdewm

tehdewm Member

Aug 30, 2009
    I think they make good games, but over shadow many hard working unknown developers from having their games recognized. I am sure gameloft doesn't mean to but it makes me wonder without gameloft maybe more people would have a chance on the app store.

8. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I personally love GL and I'm really surprised so many people hate them. Sure, I admit it, they have had almost no original concepts. On the other hand, this is the very reason I like them so much. They bring us games that the original devs won't bring themselves. Some serious gaming companies hate Apple (I'm looking at you microsoft... grow up), don't take the iPhone as a real console, or are just too busy on console/pc games to make iPhone apps. In those cases, Gameloft brings us what would never be.

9. Kintaro360

Kintaro360 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Vienna
    Since the really big gaming companies have no balls to put out the real games on the iphone OS it's very fine with me, having great copies of actually great games.

GameLoft - if you read this: Pleaaase copy the Shen Mue Saga and let us finish Lan Di (you can call him Lin Da, so it's not THAT obvious it's a copy ^^)

10. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    #10 freedog, Sep 16, 2009
    Gameloft is one of the best, EA is more of a copycat of ideas than Gameloft.

11. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    GameLoft consciously pumps out clones of popular IP - it's their main business model, and it works. Even still I'd have to agree they've released some of the best and highest-quality games for the platform, and one could only hope their success "inspires" some of the originators to start porting.

12. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I, for one, care about originality.

And when you say games based on other games, that's usually true. It's very easy to find the roots of games in other games. But it's a whole world away from the shameless clones that Gameloft create. Most games developers aim to create a game with a sense of identity. Gameloft just copies. Not just the type of game it is, they copy gameplay, style, characters, right down to the logos.

They are absolutely creatively bankrupt.

They're very good at what they do, though. I'll give them that. Their games that I've played of theirs were very well made. I'd love them to team up with someone creative.

But, right now, I'm surprised they aren't embroiled in lawsuits and I expect their games will be remembered about as well as people remember Munch Man now, or the Great Giana Sisters. Oh wait, people actually remember that. But only for being a shameless rip-off.

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Arguing that Gameloft makes clones of popular games is like arguing it's too damn hot in Texas. Everyone knows it's hot in Texas, just like everyone knows Gameloft clones popular IP.

So the question is, are the games fun?

Gameloft has been putting out some games lately that have really surprised me. I can't play Call of Duty on the iPhone yet. So, in the meantime, Modern Combat: Sandstorm is a decent replacement.

14. Danzach

Danzach Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    North Carolina
    Gameloft... We salute you!

Gameloft, EA, and Chillingo are my favorite develpoers for the itouch:)

15. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    #15 Trotgar, Sep 16, 2009
    I don't like Gameloft.

And I think the originality is lacking because of money. They don't really have to spend on new ideas and many people will buy the games because they usually resemble a game many like.

Edit: Danzach, Chillingo is a publisher, not a developer. I'm not sure have they developed any games, but at least almost all of their popular games are only published by Chillingo.

16. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Please for God's sake no more gameloft threads.

But I don't care if they're stuff isn't original, I'll leave big companies with large budgets to make high power games they we all ask for, and I'll leave it to the Indies to come up with original content

17. c0re

c0re Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    It is an honorable statement, but unfortunately, some indies just don't have as much money as big companies to unleash their full originality :)

18. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    I love them, they're always on the top of their game.

19. BeefJerky

BeefJerky Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Or, more accurately, on top of someone elses game.

20. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    Regardless of what people may think on the TA forums, I do indeed enjoy Gameloft titles. I have quite a few of their games, and have enjoyed each one thouroughly. However, my problem was always, if they can make such good clones of the hit console games, why not use some creativity and make something original? I mean they have got to have some of the most talented Dev's working on iphone titles. I just want to see what they can muster up themselves.

A tip to Gameloft. Lock up a couple of your best guys, and tell them they cannot leave until they have something original and bad @$$. But until then, you guys are at least doing a good job at cloning.