Alien Hive - Beta testers needed (from Appxplore, the creator of Lightopus)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Appxplore, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Appxplore

Appxplore Well-Known Member

#1 Appxplore, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    From the creator of Lightopus, Appxplore is announcing 2 upcoming iOS games.

#01 - Alien Hive (this thread)
    #02 - Sporos (Go here)

Both games are open for closed beta testing registration now and we need your help to improve our games. For Alien Hive registration, please visit http://appxplore.com/index.php/beta/alien-hive

The chosen testers will be informed by email with beta installation instructions within 1-2 week.

If you report bugs or submit useful feedback, you will be awarded a token and your name will be credited in our games.

Help the Aliens to evolve in this unique match-3 sliding puzzle game! Cleverly combine your resources to create better evolved Aliens. Earn gold and energy to help you quickly build the greatest Hive ever!

Strategically planning your moves and avoid the Naughty Bots who freeze your resources and prevents movement. Destroy them quickly... or combine them to craft a powerful weapon. It's your call. Supercharge your game with cleverly crafted power-ups and super boost.

Compete for the position of the most exalted Alien Hive and start collecting your Supreme Aliens!

Features

Universal versions
    Unique and addictive gameplay
    70 Achievements
    12 Collectible Supreme Aliens
    iCloud Support
    High Score and Achievements sharing on Facebook
    Game Center Leaderboards & Achievements Support

[​IMG]

Alien Hive In-Game Demo

2. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Very visually appealing at first glance. Will apply for a tester, and be keeping an eye on this game in general.

3. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    I think we'd appreciate it if you shared a little more info regarding the gameplay. Is it a match 3 game? Or something else? So what we know whet we're in for. The visuals look ok, but I think I'll just give this a pass.

4. Appxplore

Thanks for the advice.

Alien Hive is a match-3 puzzle and strategy game. Help the Aliens to evolve and build the greatest hive!

5. dnekrufi

dnekrufi Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Any unique feature of gameplay differentiate you from other similar puzzle games?

6. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Wow that game looks very slick! Even if I don't get selected I'm definitely getting it! I love match three and awesome artwork, and Alien Hive seems to fit the bill perfectly! :D Application sent([email protected])! Hope I can be of service. I have beta tested extensively for many devs. I provide detailed feedback (good and bad).

Thank you. :D

7. Adsy

Adsy New Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Development Manager and Lead Programmer at Bifrost
    Brisbane, Australia
    Beautiful art, very nice. Look forward to seeing it released.

8. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Looks great! Lightopus was a fun game. looking forward to this one. Applied! :)

9. Appxplore

#9 Appxplore, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    Glad you like Lightopus. Hope you have the same fun with our upcoming games.

10. evilive

evilive Member

Dec 15, 2011
    gamer
    Wow!

Wow! This is so nice! I wanna be the tester!:eek:

11. Appxplore

It's not just a match-3 game, but you evolve the character - Alien by matching them starting from egg, embryo to little Alien etc. and you build the Hive with the available resources as you advance to each level. We hope to receive some useful feedback from the testers.

12. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

I like the art style an I'm a fan of the match 3 style games that have more to them than just matching I.e. puzzle craft. I would love to give this a try. Uk App Store iPhone 5. Ty.

13. Appxplore

Thank you for all the registrations. We have sent out the invitation to the chosen beta testers. Happy testing!

14. Mirkwood

Mirkwood Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2012
    If I'm allowed to comment, i'm enjoying the game quite a bit from the beta.

15. Appxplore

We are glad you enjoy the game.

We have received some bugs report which will be fixed in next beta version.

Any suggestions to improve the game are welcome.

16. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    I find it quite difficult to get past level three, is that normal? I would have to read the rules again to get a little more used to the gameplay, so could you please include the rules from the tutorial again in the next build. Thanks
    Could you please confirm if you got my feedback? :)

17. Appxplore

Yes, we are receiving all the feedback. Thank you!

It should not be too difficult to get past level 3 once you figure it out. Tips: Use less energy/move to get the most combo possible and use the right power items at the right moment. We would like to hear from all beta testers about their experiences and then we will adjust the game balancing accordingly.

There will be a help file to explain the detail and the scoring system. We hope to make it to the next build.

We are open to any comment and suggestion. Thanks!

18. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    I can't play your game anymore because it's not compatible with the new iPhone 5 I bought! Try to fix that please!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    signed up for the beta!

Oh wow.. This was an old thread. How retarded of me not to notice. Anyways... this game looks like a decent match 3. Cant wait to see how it pans out!