Pocket Frogs Trading Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by starmonkey101, Sep 16, 2010.

1. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey
    Since the new Quilta set is near and dear to my heart (see username)...I hope to be breeding some over the weekend after I make some room in my habitats. I should or better term is hope to have some by early next week. If anyone needs some I will send their way.

....Stay tuned.

2. canadianharuka

canadianharuka Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Thank you for the Fortunos, javar1ch! I hope the return frog was one you needed in your dex. :)

3. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I don't think it has been said but the fact that it is a 8 different frogs also mean that when you share the set, it cost you 8 stamps on the 35 you just got. I don't mind because I have plenty but for those who have less, this is a bummer. We really at least should have received more stamps for this set...

4. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    First set well done on the way. Please place your orders as the grille is full and I need to cook up some vegetables.

5. Domenic15

Domenic15 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Please send me a friend's request and I can get a set out to you.

6. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    I would appreciate a Quilta, please. Just a single frog is fine; I can breed for the colours. :) Thank you!

7. Lermshell

Lermshell Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    I would love a well done, also too low to breed this week.

8. dean288367

dean288367 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    Defiance
    I'm going to be the minority here and say that I like the higher level sets every once in a while even though I am not a big fan of eight different frogs. This is what brings new people to the thread and hopefully they will stay. Plus it gives Domenic something to do :)

On another note, I did make the 30,000 by the end of January. A BIG thank you to everyone that has sent me frogs. I love to start a new breed and see that I already have alot done and a thank you to Domenic for keeping me current with the sets.

9. rquilt

rquilt Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2013
    New Jersey

congrats dean!

10. Adp

Adp Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Last call on the Gemma!

I hate to sell them since they were gifted to me – but they are so far above my level that keeping the lot of them isn’t practical.

The high level sets ARE somewhat discouraging to a beginning player.

When I started with PF the first thing I saw was the Happy 2013 set. As those frogs or how to get those frogs was not immediately apparent, I figured sets could wait.

I found toucharcade and this thread in my hunt for more information about the game. I was looking for discussion from active players in addition to the wiki that Bluewater27 put up. Like many things iDevice, nuances on a lot of applications, functionality and the like are best learned from other users. Once I’d read a little bit, it was apparent you all had been playing for awhile and were doing a lot more than hopping around collecting things.

I also figured I had nothing to offer in return, so asking for frogs was kind of silly. With the exception of the glacio and tribus, everyone who has sent me frogs (thank you!) has sent them out of generosity or in response to a question I had. I think I asked why I didn’t see promotional frogs in the pond, and Ella dropped a geminus on me. Having foramen appear in my mailbox was a nice surprise this morning, dlstar – thank you. Being included in the receipt of sets is also appreciated.

I’d probably not kept playing PF without reading here because I’d not have discovered the additional aspects of the game that appealed to me. I’d also not have discovered the joy of indexing if I hadn’t read about it here. I don’t generally spend money on “free” games, so I’d not have bought the ability to speed things up from my inbox and to increase my nursery abilities if it wasn’t suggested as a way to make the game more enjoyable. The fact that people are friendly here is a bonus!

11. Anso

Anso Active Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Thank you so much! Assuming your username on here is also your GameCenter ID, you should have a friends request now. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

12. meplie

meplie Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Quebec, Canada
    I'll have 2 Quilta sets ready tonight and I'll make more to help peoples here. Let me know and make sure we are friends and I'll send them as soon as ready.

13. lisianne

lisianne Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Somewhere else
    I gave up on the Weekly Sets when the first set I saw had frogs I didn't have, wasn't at a level to have. Figured it wasn't a feature I'd ever use for the longest time.

As for "throttling back," it almost makes no difference now. The level 31 bar is Set too high; it's a wall of elimination that no one can work around. Truly, this was one feature that NB should have addressed in the update. If they had, I wouldn't be chronically grumpy, a dyspeptic broken record.

Opposite extreme? Not so sure about that. Equating lots of posts with lots of trading partners can be deceiving especially when one is evaluating a non-'dexing, casual gamer in a gamer's forum.

Though I don't think anyone put it exactly that way, meplie, I did point out earlier that the Gemmas in the previous set garnered about the same number of stamps & potions as the Quiltas in this set which are much more difficult & expensive to breed. Whether one's Achilles Heel is stamps, potions, or coins, any one of those factors might be enough to discourage someone from sharing.

At level 67, I definitely understand your desire for more of a challenge. Really, I do. And yes, it does bring people to this forum, no argument. How many stay & participate is another story altogether. At half your level (just hit 34 this morning), I'm more in tune with the casual, lower level player & I'm thinking way lower than me, BTW.

There is no right or wrong here, dean; I see your point of view but I experience mine almost viscerally. I'm much more vocal perhaps because I abhor unfairness & NB, though unintentionally I believe, introduced the method of doing past sets into the game early on & never revisited/revised it. The Gemma Set & now the Quilta Set are like rubbing salt in an open wound.

One thing we definitely agree on, however, it keeps Dom off the streets & out of trouble!

p.s.: Thanks & more thanks to Martin for the Foramen, awboj for the Fractus, & Snappy for the Figularis.

14. javaRich

javaRich Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Globe Trotter
    Miami, FL
    Quilting

I look at the recent sets like Quilting as something new and exciting after going sooooo long without any new frogs! I would have liked to have seen the new frogs issued in groups instead of all at once raising the rarity level to 32 :eek:, but I'm happy to have the new group. :)

I hope players who are not at level 31 use sets like Quilting as motivation to reach a point where they are able to complete any of the weekly sets and not be discouraged to the point of not playing Pocket Frogs!

Whether you're at level 31 or not, there are helpful and generous players here on the forum! Thanks to DeanKeith for the Blue Tingo Quilta which was one of the frogs I used to get the Quilting set done. The other was a Maroon Bruna also sent as a gift but I'm not sure who sent it :eek:? I have 2 Quilting sets right now which I'll be sending to other players and I'll make a couple more for anyone who may need a set.

Have a good weekend Everyone!

15. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    QUILTA for you

Hi,

I'm sending you a Blue Pruni QUILTA. It can be used for both the Violet Pruni and Tangelo Pruni frogs in the set. If you don't need it maybe you'll consider passing it on.

Take care.
    Mal

16. mbarnes41

mbarnes41 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    North Carolina
    Friend

I misinterpreted your earlier comments regarding managing your friends list to mean that it was too large and needed to be culled. And I didn't want to add to your workload. But if you wouldn't mind an additional (low-maintenance) neighbor...

Take care.
    Mal

17. Nirtew

Nirtew Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    USA
    I'd like a rare one, please. TYIA.

18. canadianharuka

Oct 19, 2010
    Thank you! I'll breed it and then pass it on. Thanks again!

19. XXXBR

XXXBR Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Australia
    #26719 XXXBR, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    Hi Meplie,

I'll put my hand up for one of the sets ...... I'm level 28 so can't breed.... No rush .... Let me know what you are working on currently so I can return the favour in a way that's beneficial to you

XXX

20. awboj

awboj Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Albury, Australia
    I am obviously minority too, because I like to see the new frogs in sets. Plus I would like to see a new batch of awards with the new frogs also. All NB have to do is give us the ability to 'skip to the next set' or something, so if you encounter one you can't do you can just get another one.

Can't wait until you hit 100%, sometime next week I expect.:D